András Simor at the Buda Liberal Club on 4 March 2013
May 17, 1954 |
|Alma mater||Corvinus University of Budapest|
|Occupation||Chairman, President & CEO at
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hungary
He started his professional career as an executive at the MNB’s Foreign Exchange Management Department in 1976. Between 1979–1985, he worked at Hungarian International Bank Ltd, the MNB’s London-based subsidiary. Returning to Hungary, he was Deputy Head of the Bank’s International Division.
In 1989, he was appointed Chairman of the Board and President of the newly founded CA-BB, later Creditanstalt Értékpapír Rt. Under his management, one of Hungary’s first securities brokerage firms became a market leader. In 1997–98, he served as Executive Chairman of CA IB Investmentbank A.G. in Vienna, where he managed the merger of the investment businesses of Creditanstalt and Bank Austria, affecting eight countries.
Returning to Hungary, he was elected Chairman of the Board of the Budapest Stock Exchange. In this capacity, he made an important contribution to the transformation of the BSE from a public utility organisation into a profit-oriented corporation. He served his post at the Budapest Stock Exchange until 2002. From 1999, he was Chairman of Deloitte Hungary and then the firm’s Chairman and Office Managing Partner between 2000–2007. Under his management, the company became the second fastest-growing member of Deloitte Central Europe group. Simor was a member of the group’s regional board of directors between 2002–2006.
- According to Global Finance Magazine Simor was one of the best bank presidents in October 2009.
- The Euromoney journal was elected Banker of the Year in the emerging Europe region in 2010.
- Orbán reverses himself on cabinet reshuffle, appoints controversial Economy Minister Matolcsy head of Central Bank, politics.hu, 1 March 2013; accessed 1 March 2013
- Simor az egyik legjobb Archived July 12, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Díjat kapott Washingtonban Simor András - Origo.hu
- Simor Andrást jelöli az MNB élére a miniszterelnök - belfold.ma.hu
|Governor of the Hungarian National Bank