Castro (behind) in action for Porto in 2013
|Full name||André Castro Pereira|
|Date of birth||2 April 1988|
|Place of birth||Gondomar, Portugal|
|Height||1.79 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2008–2010||→ Olhanense (loan)||56||(8)|
|2011–2012||→ Sporting Gijón (loan)||45||(4)|
|2013–2014||→ Kasımpaşa (loan)||33||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 June 2017.
On 2 February 2008, Castro made his first-team – and Primeira Liga – debut, coming on as a substitute for Paulo Assunção for the last 11 minutes of a 4–0 home win against U.D. Leiria. He appeared in a further two official games during the season.
In the following two years, Castro played with S.C. Olhanense on loan, helping the Algarve side returned to the top level after an absence of more than 30 years in his debut campaign and being named the country's Best Young Player in his second, where he scored six goals in 28 games as his team retained their division status.
Castro returned to Porto for 2010–11, but was soon deemed surplus to requirements by new manager André Villas-Boas as practically all Portuguese players. In January 2011, after having amassed 106 minutes in six official games, he was loaned to Sporting de Gijón in Spain, making his La Liga debut on the 23rd by playing one minute in a 1–0 home win against Atlético Madrid.
Castro managed to feature regularly for the Asturians during his spell, starting in 11 games and scoring against RCD Mallorca (4–0, away) and Getafe CF (2–0 at home), in an eventual escape from relegation.
Castro gained 57 caps for Portugal all youth levels combined, including 19 for the under-21s. On 5 August 2011, he was called by the full side for a friendly with Luxembourg, but remained an unused substitute.
- Primeira Liga: 2007–08, 2010–11, 2012–13
- Taça de Portugal: 2010–11
- Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira: 2012
- UEFA Europa League: 2010–11
- Taça da Liga: Runner-up 2012–13
- "Official: Andre Castro joins Sporting Gijon on season-long loan from Porto". Goal.com. 11 January 2011. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Gijon hit Mallorca for four". ESPN Soccernet. 29 January 2011. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Sporting end unwanted run". ESPN Soccernet. 6 March 2011. Retrieved 25 May 2011.
- "Cerrada la cesión de André Castro" [André Castro loan completed] (in Spanish). Sporting Gijón. 16 August 2011. Retrieved 17 August 2011.
- "Andre Castro Pereira Kasımpaşa'da" [Andre Castro Pereira to Kasımpaşa]. Milliyet (in Turkish). 14 August 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "André Castro se convierte en compañero de Cristiano" [André Castro becomes Cristiano's teammate]. La Nueva España (in Spanish). 5 August 2011. Retrieved 18 July 2016.