André de Waal
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
André A. de Waal (born June 11, 1960 in Rotterdam) is a Dutch business theorist, consultant, Director at StatMind Management Research & Development and a Professor at the University Institute for International and European Studies (UNIES), known for his contributions on performance management and high performance organizations.
Education and Career
He received a Master of Science degree in 1983 at the University of Leiden (The Netherlands). and a MBA in 1985 at Northwestern University. He received his doctorate in 2002 at the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, with a thesis on "The Role of Behavioral Factors in the successful Implementation and Use of Performance Management".
He worked for seventeen years as an organizational advisor and partner at Arthur Andersen and the Holland Consulting Group. As a consultant and researcher he primarily focuses on strategic performance management and organizations that excel.
In 2009 De Waal received the Highly Commended Award from the International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management for one of his articles, "Stimulating performance-driven behaviour to obtain better results"  In 2012 De Waal received the Highly Commended Award at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2012 for his publication “The Evolutionary Adoption Framework: explaining the budgeting paradox” published in Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change.
He was selected by managementboek.nl as one of ten "Dutch Masters in Management."
The article entitled “Longitudinal research into factors of high performance: the follow-up case of Nabil Bank” published in Measuring Business Excellence has been chosen as an Outstanding Paper Award Winner at the Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2012.
In 2017 De Waal joined StatMind Management Research & Development and the University Institute for International and European Studies of which his own company's website claims he is a Professor. The website of the University Institute for International and European Studies does not list De Waal however as a member of its Faculty. Furthermore, the website of the University Institute for International and European Studies claims that it is a part of the Katowice School of Economics in contrast to the Wikipedia entry of the Tbilisi Teaching University Gorgasali from Georgia, which in fact claims the University Institute for International and European Studies as one of its own campuses, citing Jovan Didier as owner of Tbilisi Teaching University Gorgasali as well as Rector of the University Institute for International and European Studies.
In 2017 De Waal joins the E.H.E. European University EurAka in Switzerland as permanent Visiting Professor and enrolls at this University as a PhD student in "the field of High Performance Organisations with particular emphasis on sustainability and ethical responsibility".
De Waal is the author of a number of books on the subject in English and Dutch, of which two have been translated into Chinese. . A selection:
- Power of Performance Management: How Leading Companies Create Sustained Value. New York: Wiley, 2001. ISBN 978-0-471-43800-7. Held in 833 libraries according to WorldCat 
- Strategic Performance Management: A Managerial and Behavioural Approach. Basingstoke [England]: Palgrave Macmillan, 2007. ISBN 978-1-4039-9884-2
- Quest for Balance: The Human Element in Performance Management Systems. New York: Wiley, 2002. ISBN 978-0-471-20571-5
- What Makes A High Performance Organization: Five Factors of Competitive Advantage that Apply Worldwide. London [England]: Global Professional Publishing, 2012. ISBN 1906403783. ISBN 978-1-9064-0378-2.
- International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, 53, no. 4 (2004): 301-316
- Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change, Vol. 7 Iss: 4, pp.316 - 336
- Measuring Business Excellence, Vol. 15 Iss: 1, pp.4 - 19
- Ireland, Web design by webmakers, Unit 38, Navan Enterprise Centre, Trim Rd., Navan, Co. Meath,. "PRME - Participants - Signatories -". www.unprme.org. Retrieved 2017-11-08.
- WorldCat author record
- World Cat book record