Andrés Velencoso Segura
11 March 1978
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Agency||IMG Models (New York, London) |
Next Model Management (Paris)
I LOVE Models Management (Milan)
Sight Management Studio (Barcelona)
2pm Model Management (Copenhagen)
Kult Model Agency (Hamburg, Surry Hills)
Wilhelmina Models (Los Angeles)
Way Model Management (Sao Paulo)
Le Management (Stockholm)
Donna Models (Tokyo)
Elite Model Management (Toronto)
Andrés Velencoso Segura (born 11 March 1978) is a Spanish model and actor. He is best known for ad campaigns such as Chanel Allure Homme, Sport fragrance and Louis Vuitton campaign with Jennifer Lopez in 2003.
In June 2009, he was ranked #6 in MODELS.com's "Top Icons Men", alongside male models Mathias Lauridsen, Tyson Ballou and Mark Vanderloo. and currently he ranks No.16 on Top 25 list "The Money Guys" following his compatriots Oriol Elcacho and Jon Kortajarena.
Velencoso started his modelling career after he finished high school, signing a contract with Group Model Management, a Spanish modelling agency. But the beginning of his career was filled with rejection. When Velencoso went to Milan, almost every agent found him unusable. His fortunes changed when Natalie Kates, an agent from New York City-based Q Model Management opened the door for him in 2001, despite his inability to speak English. Kates started him off fresh with four new polaroids in his book and sent him to meet people. One of them was photographer Matt Albiani, who loved Andres for an editorial that he was working on. The next day Andres found himself on the set of a shoot in East Hampton, New York. After just a few days in the city, he caught the eyes of some of the industry's most famous photographers, including Michael Thompson and Francois Nars. In 2002 he booked the Banana Republic spring ad campaign and a year later starred in the Louis Vuitton ad campaign, alongside Jennifer Lopez. He signed a fragrance contract with Chanel Allure Homme Sport and became the face of Loewe in 2004. Landed his first magazine cover for Arena Homme + for the winter 2005 edition and appeared in the Jean Paul Gaultier ad campaign, with Gisele Bündchen and Diana Dondoe.
Velencoso has been on the covers of many top fashion magazines including L'Officiel Hommes, Hercules, Arena Homme +, and international editions of Elle, Vanity Fair and L'Officiel Hommes. Since his debut, he has been the face of many advertising campaigns including Banana Republic, Louis Vuitton, H&M, Trussardi, Chanel, Ermenegildo Zegna, Loewe, Jean Paul Gaultier, Elie Tahari and Etro. Apart from Thompson and Nars, he has worked with acclaimed photographers such as Terry Richardson, Karl Lagerfeld, Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
He is signed with IMG Models in New York City, MGM in Paris, 2pm Model Management in Copenhagen, I LOVE Models in Milan and Donna Models in Tokyo. He was featured in Kylie Minogue's new fragrance 'Inverse' in the official print campaign and TV ad. Velencoso received the 'Tossenc D'Honor' award in his home town Tossa de Mar on 14 May 2010.
Alongside his modelling work, Velencoso is also an actor, having appeared in films including Summer Camp and appeared as Rubén Barahona in the Spanish television series B&b, de boca en boca. In 2017, it was announced that he would be starring in Edha, the first Netflix Original drama to be produced in Argentina, directed by Daniel Burman.
Velencoso dated singer Kylie Minogue from 2008 to 2013. From 2013 to 2015, he was in a relationship with Spanish actress Úrsula Corberó. English is his fifth language, after Spanish, Catalan, French, and Italian.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 July 2018. Retrieved 18 February 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Top Icons (Male models) at Models.com 18 June 2009
- MODELS.COM 25 Top Money Guys
- "Interview – CoverMen Mag". CoverMen Mag. Archived from the original on 17 July 2014. Retrieved 15 July 2014.
- Andres Segura bio at Most Beautiful Man Archived 3 April 2008 at the Wayback Machine 18 June 2009
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 10 March 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2010.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Andres Segura profile, nymag.com, 18 June 2009.
- Andres Segura profile at Models.com 18 June 2009
- "INVERSE! KYLIE MINOGUE & ANDRES SEGURA". Archived from the original on 7 October 2011. Retrieved 8 December 2010.
- "Summer Camp". IMDB.
- "B&b, de boca en boca". IMDB.
- "Andrés Velencoso will be part of "Edha", the first Argentinean Netflix series". ABC. 12 June 2017.
- Hopewell, John (19 May 2016). "Netflix Orders First Original Series from Argentina: Daniel Burman's 'Edha' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety.
- Profile, standard.co.uk; accessed 24 February 2015.