|Position:||Wide receiver / kick returner|
|Date of birth:||June 12, 1979|
|Place of birth:||Niskayuna, New York|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||195 lb (88 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||2002 / Round: 2 / Pick: 47|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2010|
André N. Davis (born June 12, 1979) is a former American football wide receiver and kick returner. He was originally drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the second round of the 2002 NFL Draft. He played college football at Virginia Tech.
Davis accepted a football scholarship from Virginia Tech, where he was a teammate of Michael Vick. He scored the first touchdown for the Hokies in the 2000 Sugar Bowl game against Florida State, despite falling 46-29. He was awarded the Today's Top VIII Award as a member of the Class of 2002.
Davis was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the 2002 NFL Draft. During his first three seasons in Cleveland, he played wide receiver and on special teams. Davis scored on a 99-yard touchdown reception during a game on October 17, 2004 against the Cincinnati Bengals. The reception ties Davis with twelve other players for the NFL record for longest career reception.
Davis spent 2005 and 2006 with the New England Patriots and Buffalo Bills respectively. He was then signed by the Houston Texans for a one-year deal in 2007. Davis started for the Texans, replacing an injured Andre Johnson in Week 3 of the 2007 NFL season. He scored his first touchdown for the Texans on October 1, 2007 - Week 4 - against the Atlanta Falcons (35 yard touchdown reception). Davis took over for an injured Jerome Mathis as a kick returner. On December 30, in the last game of the 2007 regular season against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Davis scored two consecutive touchdowns on kickoff returns, the first for 97 yards and the second for 104.
It was reported February 28, 2008, that the Texans had reached an agreement with Davis to stay on the team. He will receive $16 million over four years, with $8 million guaranteed.
On February 18, 2011, the Texans released Davis.
- Longest touchdown reception: 99 (2004 vs Cincinnati Bengals) (tied with 12 others)
- Most kickoff return touchdowns in a single game: 2 (2007 vs Jacksonville Jaguars) (tied with 9 others)
Texans franchise records
- Most career kickoff return yards (2,473)
- Most career kickoff return touchdowns (3) (tied with Jerome Mathis)
- Longest kickoff return touchdown: 104 (2007)
- Most Kickoff Return Touchdowns: 3 (2007)
- Kickoff Return Average (season): 30.3 (2007)
- Receiving Average (Minimum 32 Receptions) (season): 17.7 (2007)
Davis lives in Myrtle Beach, SC with his wife, Janelle, and their sons, Daylen and Bryce.
- "Texans' Davis makes NFL history". Archived from the original on January 2, 2008. Retrieved 2008-01-02.
- Houston Texans bio