October 7, 1969 |
Joliette, QC, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||180 lb (82 kg; 12 st 12 lb)|
|Played for||Philadelphia Flyers|
|NHL Draft||173rd overall, 1989
New Jersey Devils
André A. Faust (born October 7, 1969) is a retired Canadian professional ice hockey left winger. He was drafted by New Jersey Devils in the 1989 NHL Entry Draft in 9th round as the 173rd pick overall. Faust is the first Princeton University alumnus to score a goal in the NHL.
During his career Faust played in NCAA, NHL, AHL, DEL, Swedish Elitserien and Danish Superisligaen. In the NHL he played 47 games for the Philadelphia Flyers during the 1992/93 and 1993/94 season. In the 1995/96 season, he played for the AHL club Springfield Falcons after he was traded to the Winnipeg Jets for a 7th round pick in the 1997 NHL Entry Draft, he never played for Winnipeg. In 1996, Faust moved to Germany and played for Augsburger Panther (1996–2000) and Kölner Haie (2000–02). In 2002 he signed with Swedish club Färjestads BK. After that season Faust moved to a new club, Odense, and a new country, Denmark. Faust played there for one season and then he retired from ice hockey.
Awards and honors
|All-ECAC Hockey Rookie Team||1988–89|||
|All-ECAC Hockey Second Team||1989–90|||
|All-ECAC Hockey Second Team||1991–92|||
- "NHL team-by-team entry draft". USA Today. June 21, 1989. p. C8.
- LeConey, Bill (September 19, 1993). "Princeton Grad Battles to Make Starting Squad". Press of Atlantic City.
- "Andre Faust player profile". Hockey Hall of Fame. Retrieved 2010-02-15.
- "ECAC All-Rookie Teams". College Hockey Historical Archives. Retrieved May 19, 2013.
- "ECAC All-Teams". College Hockey Historical Archives. Retrieved May 19, 2013.
- Career statistics and player information from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|ECAC Hockey Rookie of the Year
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey winger born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|