|Full name||Andre David Stephon Fletcher|
28 November 1987 |
Saint David Parish, Grenada
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|ODI debut (cap 139)||24 June 2008 v Australia|
|Last ODI||26 June 2016 v Australia|
|T20I debut (cap 24)||20 June 2008 v Australia|
|Last T20I||27 September 2016 v Pakistan|
|Domestic team information|
|2004 – present||Windward Islands|
|2013 – present||St Lucia Zouks (squad no. 72)|
Source: , 9 April 2017
Andre Fletcher (born 28 November 1987) is a Grenadian cricketer who plays internationally for the West Indies. He is a right-handed batsman and often keeps wicket. His domestic cricket is played for the Windward Islands.
Fletcher played for the West Indian cricket team in the 2006 U-19 Cricket World Cup in Sri Lanka. Fletcher also featured in the Stanford Super Series where he played for the Stanford Superstars. He opened the batting alongside Chris Gayle where he scored 90 off just 60 balls against Middlesex, which included 3 fours and 7 sixes. He continued his form into the US$20 million showdown against England by scoring 32 not out, to earn himself US$1 million. His lack of awareness of his surroundings in the middle has cost him his wicket more than once, he has been run out numerous times.
He made his senior international debut in a Twenty20 match against Australia at Bridgetown in 2008. After making 53 off just 32 balls in the 2009 ICC World Twenty20, he could only manage 21 runs in his next 7 innings representing the West Indies, including 5 ducks in those 7 innings.
In May 2015, Fletcher was arrested at Douglas Charles airport in Dominica, in possession of ammunition. He was later fined EC $2,000. Fletcher described the issue as a genuine misunderstanding but accepted full responsibility for the consequences.
Twenty20 International cricket
Man of the Match awards
|1||New Zealand in West Indies||5 July 2014||New Zealand||52 (39 balls, 1x4, 4x6)||New Zealand won by 12 runs (D/L).|
|2||New Zealand in West Indies||6 July 2014||New Zealand||62 (49 balls, 3x4, 3x6)||West Indies won by 39 runs.|
|3||2016 ICC World Twenty20||20 March 2016||Sri Lanka||1 Ct ; 84* (64 balls, 6x4, 5x6)||West Indies won by 7 wickets.|
Player of the Series awards
|1||New Zealand in West Indies||2014||114 runs with 2 fifties. avg. 57.00. SR 129.54 (2 matches)||Series drawn.|
- "Andre Fletcher arrested in Dominica – report". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "Andre Fletcher fined for ammunition possession". ESPNCricinfo. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- "Statement by Andre Fletcher – Professional Cricketer". GrenadaSports. Retrieved 4 June 2015.
- "New Zealand in West Indies T20I Series, 2014 – 1st T20I Scorecard". ESPNcricinfo. 25 February 2015. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "New Zealand in West Indies T20I Series, 2014 – 2nd T20I Scorecard". ESPNcricinfo. 25 February 2015. Retrieved 12 March 2015.
- "World T20 – 21st Match, Super 10 Group 1 Scorecard". ESPNcricinfo. 20 March 2016. Retrieved 20 March 2016.
- "New Zealand v West Indies T20I Series, 2014". ESPNcricinfo. 25 February 2015. Retrieved 12 March 2015.