September 17, 1970|
|Education||FIDM at San Francisco|
|Occupation||Fashion Designer, Television actor|
Soriano was born and raised to a Filipino family in Manila, Philippines residing in San Diego, California. His mother is named Josephine. His interest in fashion design started early, when as a child his mother designed draperies for the rest of the family.
He attended FIDM, a fashion school in San Francisco. In 2004, Andre opened a store in San Francisco which sells Active wear and Ready-to-wear clothing. His true passion is to make couture gowns. He moved to San Diego in 2008 and established an Atelier from home with help of his boyfriend Thomas Brown. In 2013, he competed on the first season of Styled to Rock (U.S. TV series), coming in 7th place. On the show, he created a dress for Carly Rae Jepsen and other celebrities. The reality competition show Styled to Rock. Rihanna was the Executive Producer and TV Host. This season was mentored by Pharrell Williams, Mel Ottenberg and Erin Wasson.
He has been featured at New York Fashion Times presenting Pre Fall 2014 Collection at Style Fashion Week L.A. a regular article at Fine Magazine. His runway includes a few celebrities like Jessica Sanchez, María Conchita Alonso and others. Apparel News has recognized Andre for his Hiress collection. He has also spoken openly about LGBT issues. His swim line has been worn by Maitland Ward. His first runway show was in San Diego Fashion Week. He is well known for his Bridal and Larger than life couture design recently. The 2015 Grammy Awards dress he designed for Joy Villa, made entirely of orange construction fencing, attracted media attention. He was also featured in Vanity Fair for a gown he made for Christianne Christensen. He again designed the dress for Villa for the 2017 Grammy Awards, this time a pro-Donald Trump gown emblazoned with the name Trump and the phrase "Make America Great Again".
- "About Andre - Luxury Fashion Designer, Ready-To-Wear Apparel, Custom Wedding and Bridal Gowns and Dresses - Andre Soriano". Luxury Fashion Designer, Ready-To-Wear Apparel, Custom Wedding and Bridal Gowns and Dresses - Andre Soriano.
- "Andre Soriano". Bravo TV Official Site. 27 September 2013.
- "PUNK DE LUXE: ANDRE SORIANO PRE FALL 2014 Style FW L.A. Live". October 15, 2013.
- "Designer Andre Soriano".
- "Jessica Sanchez saves the day for Andre Soriano at Style Fashion Week". AXS.
- "Andre Soriano at Style Fashion Week".
- journalist, Charlotte Robinson Broadcast; Voices', 'outtake (10 January 2014). "Andre Soriano Talks LGBT Issues and Life After Styled to Rock (AUDIO) | Huffington Post". The Huffington Post.
- "Maitland Ward is the New Face of Andre Soriano's Swimwear Line — See Pics From Her Sexy Photo Shoot".
- "FWSD 2013 Designer Spotlight | Andre Soriano". FashionWeekSD.com. 1 April 2013.
- "Dopamine Antagonist - Andre Soriano Bridal Campaign". 26 July 2013.
- "Not For the Classic Princess: Extreme Bridal by Andre Soriano". JustLuxe.
- "Pret-a-Reporter". The Hollywood Reporter. 12 February 2017. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
In 2015, her revealing look consisted of orange construction fencing, designed by Andre Soriano
- "Orange Grammy Dress Made by Local Designer". NBC 7 San Diego.
- "Andre Soriano Couture by Christianne Christensen on Vanity Fair". Vanity Fair.