December 6, 1975 |
|Known for||President of Juventus F.C.|
|Net worth||US$1.5 billion (2014)|
Giacomo Dai Agnelli
Allegra Caracciolo di Castagneto
|Relatives||Giovanni Agnelli (great-grandfather)
Edoardo Agnelli (grandfather)
Gianni Agnelli (uncle)
Susanna Agnelli (aunt)
Giovanni Alberto Agnelli (half-brother)
Anna Agnelli (sister)
Edoardo Agnelli (first cousin)
Margherita Agnelli (first cousin)
John Elkann (cousin)
Lapo Elkann (cousin)
Ginevra Elkann (cousin)
Andrea Agnelli (Italian: [anˈdrɛa aɲˈɲɛlli]; born 6 December 1975 in Turin) is an Italian businessman and president of Italian football club Juventus F.C.. and Executive Member of the European Club Association.He is a member of the famous Industrialist Agnelli family. He is also a board member of FIAT and Exor.
Agnelli is the son of late Juventus F.C. president and senator of the Italian Republic Umberto Agnelli, CEO of Fiat from 1970–1976, and Donna Allegra Caracciolo di Castagneto, first cousin of Marella Agnelli, born Donna Marella Caracciolo di Castagneto and daughter of Filippo Caracciolo, 8th Prince di Castagneto, 3rd Duke di Melito, and a hereditary Patrician of Naples (1903-1965). Marella and Allegra and, therefore, Andrea, are both members of and old Neapolitan noble family that hold the titles of Prince of Castagneto and Duke of Melito, among others.
After university, Agnelli started his career in the business world with various companies abroad in England and France including Iveco and Auchan Hypermarché. He also spent several years in Switzerland working in marketing and development for Ferrari Idea and Lausanne-based Philip Morris International.
In May 2010 he was appointed President of Juventus F.C by his first cousin John Elkann, becoming the fourth member of the Agnelli family to run the football club after his father, his uncle and his grandfather. Elkann had come under criticism from Juventus fans for the club's poor results during the 2009-10 season and many ultras saw Agnelli as the "rightful" heir due to his family's long-time association with the club. Despite entering the job during a period when the club was still dealing with the aftermath of the infamous Calciopoli scandal, he is credited with overseeing the club's transition into the new stadium and balancing their finances in wake of the ongoing recession ravaging Italy. One of his first acts as new president was to appoint Sampdoria duo Giuseppe Marotta as Director of Sport and Luigi Delneri as new coach.
On 22 May 2011, Agnelli appointed former player Antonio Conte as the new manager of Juventus F.C., replacing Delneri. The same season Juventus won the first scudetto undefeated under Agnelli. Since then, Juventus won four Scudetti in a row, including the 2014-15 title, as well as the 2014–15 Coppa Italia under newly-appointed manager Massimiliano Allegri.
On 27 August 2005 he married Emma Winter in a Roman Catholic ceremony in Villar Perosa (Piedmont, Italy) at the church of San Pietro in Vincoli. The wedding reception was held at Villa Agnelli, Donna Marella Agnelli's estate in Villar Perosa. The couple has two children: Baya Agnelli (born on 24 May 2005 in Turin) and Giacomo Dai Agnelli (born 16 December 2011 in Turin).
- "Del Piero welcomes new era at Juventus". ESPN. 22 May 2010. Archived from the original on 25 May 2010. Retrieved 27 May 2010.
- "Juve, John Elkann disegna il futuro "Andrea Agnelli sarà il presidente"" [Juve, John Elkann marks the future: "Andrea Agnelli will be the president"] (in Italian). La Stampa. 28 April 2010. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "Stadio, Vinovo, marchio e rosa: la Juve vale di più" (in Italian). Tuttosport. 10 October 2011.
- "La Juventus e il nuovo stadio, "29" scudetti nello spogliatoio" (in Italian). La Repubblica. 5 October 2011.
- "Conte replaces Del Neri at Juventus". ESPN Soccernet. 13 May 2011.
- "Il sì di Andrea e Emma Festa a Villar Perosa per il giovane Agnelli". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). 28 August 2005. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "E' nata Baya Agnelli figlia di Andrea". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). 26 May 2005. Retrieved 28 September 2013.
- "Andrea Agnelli di nuovo papà é nato Giacomo Dai". La Repubblica (in Italian). 16 December 2011. Retrieved 28 September 2013.