|Date of birth||25 April 1985|
|Place of birth||Massa, Italy|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2013||→ Parma (loan)||8||(0)|
|2013–2014||→ Livorno (loan)||20||(0)|
|2008||Italy Olympic U-23||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 June 2016.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 13 August 2008
Coda began playing youth football for Lucchese before joining Empoli, located an hour away from his hometown. He made his debut for Empoli when they were in Serie B and helped them gain promotion to Serie A for the 2005–06 season. In August 2005, he made his Serie A debut and became a regular starter.
Udinese bought 50% of his contract in January 2006 for €1 million and he remained at Empoli until the summer. During the 2006–07 season, Coda had to contend with a place on the bench but he eventually earned a place in the starting eleven by the second half of the season. In June 2007, Udinese acquired the remainder of his contract for €1.315 million. By the 2008–09 season, he became first choice, often partnering Maurizio Domizzi, and made his European debut in September 2008 in the UEFA Cup. In March 2010, he was ruled out for the rest of the season after injuring his knee just barely five minutes into the match against Chievo Verona and had to be substituted.
On 22 January 2015 fellow Serie A club U.C. Sampdoria signed Coda and Luis Muriel in temporary deals, with an obligation to buy them outright for €12 million total fee. Coda signed a contract lasting until 30 June 2017.
Coda played for Italy national team at every youth level, from the under-16 (was renamed from under-15 after 2000–01 season), to the Olympic team in Beijing. He also participated in 2004 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship, 2006 UEFA European Under-21 Championship and 2007 UEFA European Under-21 Championship.
- Empoli FC SpA bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 30 June 2007 (Italian), PDF purchased from Italian CCIAA
- "Meggiorini alle buste. Barreto è del Bari" (in Italian). AS Bari. 25 June 2010. Archived from the original on 29 June 2010. Retrieved 25 June 2010.
- "Andrea Coda bianconero fino al 2017!" (in Italian). Udinese Calcio. 21 June 2012. Retrieved 22 June 2012.[dead link]
- U.C. Sampdoria S.p.A. bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 31 December 2015 (in Italian), PDF purchased from Italian C.C.I.A.A.
- "Finalmente blucerchiati: Muriel e Coda, benvenuti al Doria" (in Italian). U.C. Sampdoria. 22 January 2015. Retrieved 7 July 2015.
- "Calciomercato Sampdoria, Coda al Pescara. Arriva Diakitè". Tuttosport (in Italian). 1 February 2016. Retrieved 18 August 2016.
- "Coda passa al Pescara a titolo temporaneo con diritto di opzione" (in Italian). U.C. Sampdoria. 1 February 2016. Retrieved 30 August 2016.