Andrea Ehrig-Mitscherlich in 1977
|Born||1 December 1960|
|Height||1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||58 kg (128 lb)|
|Club||SC Einheit Dresden|
Andrea Ehrig-Mitscherlich (née Mitscherlich, also known as Schöne-Mitscherlich, born 1 December 1960) is a retired East German speed skater. She was one of the world's best long-distance skaters in the 1980s.
Ehrig was born Andrea Mitscherlich in Dresden, Saxony, East Germany. At the 1976 Olympics in Innsbruck, as a 15-year-old, she won a silver medal in the 3000 m event, just one one-hundredth of a second ahead of Lisbeth Korsmo who won bronze. At the 1980 Olympics in Lake Placid she came fourth in the 3000 metres. Four years later at the 1984 Olympics in Sarajevo, competing under her first married name of Schöne-Mitscherlich, she won silver in both the 1000 and the 1500 m and became Olympic champion in the 3000 metres. In 1988, at her fourth and final Olympic Games in Calgary, competing as Andrea Ehrig, she won two more silver medals in the long distances, and a bronze medal in the 1500 metres. She became European champion five times and World Champion twice, in 1983 and 1985. Between 1983 and 1987 she set 10 world records in 1500–10,000 m events.
Ehrig was married twice. After the 1980 Winter Olympics, she married the rower Ingolf Schöne and towards the end of that year, it was announced that she was expecting their child. She married a second time in 1985 to fellow Olympic speed skater Andreas Ehrig.
- 500 m – 40.71 (1988)
- 1000 m – 1:19.32 (1988)
- 1500 m – 2:01.00 (1986)
- 3000 m – 4:12.09 (1988)
- 5000 m – 7:17.12 (1988)
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Andrea Ehrig-Schöne-Mitscherlich". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- "List of medalwinners in the European allround championships for women at www.isu.org" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 4 May 2010.
- List of edalwinners at the World allround championships Archived 25 February 2009 at the Wayback Machine at www.isu.org
- Andrea Ehrig-Mitscherlich. SpeedSkatingNews.info
- "Vor zwei Wochen begann in Berlin die „Eiszeit"" [Two weeks ago the "Ice Age" began in Berlin]. Neues Deutschland (in German). 35 (264). 8 November 1980. p. 15. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andrea Ehrig-Mitscherlich.|