November 27, 1963 |
New York City, New York, US
|Alma mater||Middlebury College|
|Occupation||communications strategist and journalist|
Grace Anne Dorney Koppel
Andrea Koppel (born November 27, 1963) is an American communications strategist, and a former TV journalist.
Koppel was born in New York City, the daughter of Ted Koppel, a television journalist, and Grace Anne Dorney Koppel, an attorney and spokesperson for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Her father is Jewish and her mother is Catholic.
Education and career
She attended Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart and earned a bachelor's degree in political science with a concentration in Chinese language and Asian studies from Middlebury College. She is fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
Koppel was a Congressional correspondent for CNN. She served as the network's State Department correspondent from 1998 until March 2006. Koppel joined CNN in 1993 as the network's Tokyo correspondent and in 1995 became CNN's Beijing Bureau Chief.
In June 2011, Andrea joined Mercy Corps as its Vice President of Global Engagement and Policy, where she will lead policy and advocacy strategies, and engage the public on issues that most affect Mercy Corps’ programs and beneficiaries.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-12-26. Retrieved 2012-03-11.
- Internationally: "Renowned Journalist, Andrea Koppel, to Head Communications Division at M+R Strategic Services". - PR Newswire. - February 07, 2008
- Andrea Koppel Director of International Communications for the Red Cross Archived August 15, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. - Website - November 7, 2010
- "Andrea Koppel Director of Henry L. Stimson Center . - Website - November 07 2010
- Public Affairs Strategist and Longtime Journalist Andrea Koppel Joins Mercy Corps - Website - June 20, 2011
- M+R Strategic Services web site
- andrea-koppel at the stimson
- NPR interviews Andrea Koppel about Haiti Earth quake
|This biographical article related to television journalism in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|