October 9, 1978|
|Occupation(s)||Actress, singer, songwriter, musician|
|Associated acts||Katie Melua|
Andrea McEwan (born 9 October 1978) is an Australian actress, singer, musician and songwriter.
After attending MacRobertson Girls' High School in Melbourne, McEwan started acting, appearing in several television series including Ocean Girl and Funky Squad. In 1991 she was nominated for a Gladys Moncrieff Award for Outstanding New Talent by the Music Theatre Guild of Victoria after her performance in Annie. She has also appeared several times in the soap opera Neighbours. Her first role as Sonia came in 1989, then in 1991 she played Sarah Livingston, followed by Nicole Cahill in 1995. She played Penny Watts in 2002.
After moving to the UK, McEwan started singing and song writing professionally and in 2006 was signed to Mike Batt's Dramatico record label. In 2007, she collaborated with Katie Melua, writing lyrics for "What I Miss About You" and Dirty Dice which appeared on Melua's third album, Pictures.
McEwan toured the UK in late 2008 supporting Katie Melua. In 2008 she released a three track E.P., Candle in a Chatroom featuring the songs "Candle in a Chatroom", "Black Socks in the Wash" and "Fast Train". She released the second single ("Alibi") at the beginning of April.
- 1991–2002: Neighbours
- 1994: Ocean Girl
- 1994–2002: Blue Heelers
- 1995: Funky Squad
- 2001: All Saints
- 2001: BeastMaster
- 2001–2002: McLeod's Daughters
- 2003: CrashBurn
- 2004: The Secret Life of Us
- 2005: Coronation Street
- Kilkelly, Daniel (12 March 2005). "Sally to face new love rival on Corrie". Digital Spy. Hachette Filipacchi UK. Retrieved 21 July 2011.
- Dramatico biography
- "What I Miss About You" – lyric and credits
- "Dirty Dice" – lyric and credits Archived 7 September 2008 at the Wayback Machine.
- Maclean, Liezl. "Andrea McEwan is a brazen romantic". Australian Times. Retrieved 15 October 2008.
- Andrea McEwan's Official website – at Andrea's Blog 30/1/09 Archived 10 February 2009 at the Wayback Machine.
- Andrea McEwan's MySpace[permanent dead link]