McLean at the British Academy Television Awards 2009
|Born||5 October 1969|
|Occupation||Journalist, television presenter|
Loose Women (2007—)
|Spouse(s)||Nick Green (m. 2000; div. 2005)|
Steve Toms (m. 2009; div. 2012)
Nick Feeney (m. 2017)
Andrea McLean (born 5 October 1969) is a Scottish journalist and television presenter who works on ITV Daytime.
Mclean is of Russian Jewish descent on her father's side who fled from Russia to Scotland to avoid persecution. Mclean has stated she has always known about her Jewish heritage but her family are not religiously Jewish anymore.
McLean started her career in 1993 as a freelance travel writer. She joined Central Press Features in May 1994 and was promoted to Production Editor in 1995. In June 1996, McLean joined The Weather Channel, and worked as a weather reporter for Talk Radio. In 1997, she worked on Channel 5's daily talk show Espresso as one of the programme's panellists.
In June 1997, McLean joined GMTV as a weather presenter. She co-hosted GMTV Today with Ben Shephard and Eamonn Holmes, and hosted LK Today in Lorraine Kelly’s absence. Her bubbly personality and journalistic training brought her to the attention of various producers, resulting in her presenting shows such as the first series of Our House for UKTV Style, and as a guest panellist on Loose Women for ITV. After announcing her decision to leave in November 2008, McLean was replaced as GMTV weather presenter by the BBC's Kirsty McCabe. McLean presented her final broadcast on 31 December 2008, with a special tribute of her career at GMTV.
In January 2006, McLean took part in ITV's ice-skating competition Dancing on Ice. She partnered with professional skater Doug Webster and was eliminated in the third week. McLean and fellow ex-contestant Andi Peters then presented the weekday fan show Dancing on Ice Extra for the remainder of the show's run.
McLean filled in for Jackie Brambles on Loose Women when Brambles went on maternity leave. In July 2008, it was announced that McLean would quit working on GMTV to focus on her role on Loose Women, to share the permanent host job with Brambles. Brambles left the show on 7 August 2009, Kate Thornton took her place as the new anchor when the show returned for its 10th anniversary on 1 September 2009 and shared the job with McLean. In 2011, Thornton was replaced by Carol Vorderman. In 2013, Kaye Adams became an anchor and Ruth Langsford returned to the programme in January 2014. In July 2014, Vorderman announced her departure from Loose Women. McLean now co-anchors Loose Women 2 or 3 days a week. Langsford and Christine Lampard are the other anchors.
McLean had a 17-year relationship, starting from their teenage years, with BBC producer Nick Green. The couple married in Kenya in 2000, and have a son Finlay John, born during October 2001 in Kingston, Greater London. In 2004, it came to light that McLean had an affair with fellow Our House presenter Steve Toms, but had returned to her husband to try to resolve issues.
After divorcing Green, McLean and Toms moved in together, and lived in Ashtead, Surrey; they had a daughter Amy (born November 2006). The couple married in August 2009, during Loose Women's summer break.
In January 2012, McLean announced that she had separated from Toms, having left their marital home in December 2011 with their children, following working on their failing marriage for a year, and was now living with her parents.
In January 2016, McLean announced that she was now living with her new partner of two years, Nick Feeney, a businessman, whom she met on a blind date set up by a Loose Women make-up artist.
On Loose Women on 21 September 2016, Andrea told viewers she would be undergoing a hysterectomy on 22 September 2016 and that she would be away from the show for a number of weeks whilst she recovers. This sent her into the menopause causing her to experience symptoms on air during Loose Women.
On 3 August 2017, Andrea announced on Loose Women that Nick had proposed in Paris the week before and they were engaged. They married in November 2017.
On 11 December 2013, McLean did a reverse bungee jump live on Loose Women for Text Santa. She was catapulted 37m into the sky at over 50 mph outside The London Studios, after Loose Women reached its Text Santa fundraising target of £50,000.
|Our House||Presenter||UKTV Style (now Home)|
|2006||Dancing on Ice||Contestant|
|Dancing on Ice Extra||Co-presenter|
- Guest appearances
- Bullseye (2006)
- Daily Cooks Challenge (2008)
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (2009)
- The Justin Lee Collins Show (2009)
- Never Mind the Buzzcocks (2009)
- All Star Family Fortunes (2009, 2013)
- Total Wipeout (2010)
- The Alan Titchmarsh Show (2011, 2013)
- The Chase: Celebrity Special (2013, 2015)
- Celebrity Fifteen to One (2014)
- Catchphrase: Celebrity Special (2015)
- All Star Mr & Mrs (2016)
- Through the Keyhole (2017)
- Celebrity Juice (2017)
- Sunday Brunch (2017)
- The Crystal Maze: Celebrity Special (2017)
- Tipping Point: Lucky Stars (2017)
- Big Star's Bigger Star (2018)
|2011||A Landscape of Lies||Dr. Audrey Grey|
- "Andrea McLean". gm.tv. Archived from the original on 8 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- "Andrea McLean: Me and my money". thisismoney.co.uk. 2008-03-19. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- "GLASGLOW BELONGS TO ME; GMTV'S Andrea has uncovered the truth about her Scottish roots-she couldn't be more proud". Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland). 2006.
- Andrea McLean (2 February 2012). Confessions of a Good Girl: My Story. Pan Macmillan. p. 46. ISBN 978-0-283-07160-7.
- "GMTV Star Was Fired For Not Squeezing Oranges Fast Enough". Sunday Mail. 2008-04-20. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- "Andrea McLean". UKTV Style. Archived from the original on 8 February 2009. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- Spratt, Charlotte (2008-11-20). "Emma is new girl on sofa at GMTV". London: The Sun. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- "My Big Break". Daily Record. 2006-01-12. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- "McLean quits GMTV for "Loose Women"". digitalspy.co.uk. 2008-07-21. Archived from the original on 13 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- "Andrea McLean "thrilled" as Judy Finnigan makes TV return on Loose Women".
- 3@Three Presspack, ITV Press Centre, 26 July 2010
- "BBC - Celebrity line-up revealed for new BBC One show, Tumble - Media Centre".
- Walker, Danny (16 August 2014). "Tumble: Andrea McLean first to leave show".
- "AFTER PAIN OF DIVORCE THE OUTLOOK IS SUNNY FOR WEATHERGIRL". Daily Record. 2007-10-05. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- Nathan, Sara (2006-06-07). "Andrea is pregnant". London: The Sun. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- "Andrea McLean". ITV.com. Archived from the original on 2 November 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- Lorraine, 31 January 2012
- "Loved-up Loose Women star Andrea McLean says she'd consider another walk down the aisle". Daily Mirror. London. 16 January 2016.
- Jones, Emma (2018-03-18). "Andrea McLean on going through the menopause and her third marriage". mirror. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- "Andrea McLean talks surprise second pregnancy during menopause". HOLA. 2018-03-22. Retrieved 2018-04-03.