|Died||7 December 1930
Ben Rhydding Bradford, England
|Education||University of Edinburgh|
|Known for||Doctor and author|
|Spouse(s)||Helen Priscilla Mclaren|
Herman Victor Rabagliati
Duncan Silverstro Rabagliati OBE
Catherine Rabagliati MBE (Mayor of Paddington)
|Relatives||Jacob Bright (brother)
Agnes McLaren (stepdaughter)
Andrea Carlo Francisco Rabagliati (Scotland, 1843 – Bradford, 7 December 1930) was the author of books on dietary practice.
Andrea Rabagliati was the son of Giacomo Rabagliati, a political refugee from Italy. He graduated with a Master of Arts from the University of Edinburgh, spent some time in Demerara in what was then British Guyana, then arrived in Bradford as a young house surgeon at the Royal Infirmary. He was invested as a Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (F.R.C.S.E.). He lived in Whinbrae, Ben Rhydding, Yorkshire, England.
He was a convinced vegetarian, who favoured two meals a day, with eight hours between them.
He married Helen Priscilla McLaren, daughter of Duncan McLaren and Priscilla Bright (sister of John Bright), on 25 May 1877. She was the President of Ben Rhydding Women's Unionist Association for 28 years and of the Wharfedale Conservative Women's Club for several years after World War One. They had five children including Euan Rabagliati, Duncan Silvestro Rabagliati OBE, Catherine Rabagliati MBE (Mayor of Paddington) and Herman Victor Rabagliati.
- Air, food and exercises;: An essay on the predisposing causes of disease (1914, 3rd Edition) Early 20th century work on the causes of disease, written for the public. Dr Rabagliati was a physiologist, therefore his philosophy is based upon that science of illness. This 560 page work offers a great glimpse into advice for staying healthy, and of the understanding of illness circa 1914.
- Initis Or Nutrition and Exercises (1930, 2nd Edition), C. W. Daniel Company, London, 200p
- Towards Life: Happy, Healthy, Efficient (1923), C. W. Daniel Company, London, 224p, ISBN 0-85207-031-4
- Aphorisms, definitions, reflections, and paradoxes, medical, surgical and dietetic (1901), Bailliere, Tindall and Cox, 291p
- A New Theory of Energy (Paperback) (2005 reprint), Kessinger Publishing, 48p, ISBN 1-4253-2521-1
- Conversations with Women regarding their Health and that of their Children (1912), C.W.Daniel, London, 318p
- The functions of food in the body : Does either bodily energy or bodily heat come from the food? (2005 reprint), Elliot Stock, London, 46p
- Jim Appleby: Past Times: Doctor's veggie way to a long life. thetelegraphandargus.co.uk (8 March 2000)
- Weber, Dan (30 January 2007) Bradford Telegraph and Argus: Lecture recalls politician Helen. thetelegraphandargus.co.uk