|Known for||Miss Ireland 1998 |
Miss Universe 1998
Miss World 1998
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
Andrea Roche is an Irish model. She had a successful career as one of Irish best known and most photographed models for a number of years before opening the Andrea Roche Modelling Agency. Andrea is a socialite, and is a regular television personality. She took part in the RTÉ One reality sports television series Celebrity Bainisteoir in 2009 and features on a weekly basis on the TV3 show Ireland AM. Andrea retired full-time from modelling in 2008 while still at the top of her game, she has been credited with discovering models such as Roz Purcell, Clara McSweeney, Pippa Ormond and Miss World 2003 Rosanna Davison.
Roche began her career as a model and as Miss Ireland, Andrea competed in the 1998 Miss Universe pageant (top 10 semi-finalist). Roche is beauty editor with VIP and fashion editor of South East Wedding magazine and appears on TV3's Ireland AM as their fashion expert. Roche reduced her modelling to dedicate more time to the Miss Universe Ireland pageant.
Roche took part in the second series of the RTÉ One reality sports television series Celebrity Bainisteoir in 2009. She was described as being "among the less likely contestants" to take part, even confessing in the first episode that she had very little knowledge of the Gaelic Athletic Association–"I barely know the format of a game". However, to learn more, she read Kean to Succeed, A Trip Into the World of GAA by Gerald Kean, the celebrity solicitor who participated in the first series. She expressed her dislike of wearing "mucky wellies" and having to do without cosmetics during training and got through it by shouting "Go on lads!" repeatedly. Roche managed Rockwell Rovers GAA from County Tipperary. Her team played in the second quarter-final of the series against St Michael's GAA of County Roscommon, who were managed by John Waters. Roche and Waters were seen training with GAA All Stars winners Tony McManus and Declan Browne.
She has been described as "a great beauty" by veteran broadcaster Derek Davis, who has since died, and as both "a recession-busting beauty" and "Ireland's greatest beauty" by the Irish Independent.
In October 2010 Andrea launched the Andrea Roche modelling Agency in Dublin, representing many high-profile models in Ireland, including some who have gone on to model internationally.
Roche won the VIP Most Stylish Woman award at the VIP Style Awards in 2008.
Roche was raised outside Clonmel, County Tipperary. She sat her Leaving Certificate at Rockwell College after attending the Loreto Secondary School. Roche moved to Carlow to do Business Studies at the Regional Technical College, then moved to Dublin to pursue modelling.
In December 2011, Roche got engaged to businessman Rob White at the Eiffel Tower in Paris. They married in Ibiza in 2012 surrounded by friends and family. In September 2013 it was announced that Andrea was expecting her first child.  Andrea gave birth a daughter, Sophie in March 2014.
- Egan, Barry (8 March 2009). "Andrea Roche: Born again". Irish Independent. Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- "'I'm probably better with picutres and no sound'". Sunday Tribune. 26 April 2009. Archived from the original on 11 May 2010. Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- "A year of big breaks for our top models". Irish Independent. 24 January 2009. Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- Whitington, Paul (4 April 2009). "Five Minutes of HeavenSunday, BBC2, 9pm Anonymous Monday, RTÉ2, 10.25pm Robin Hood Tonight, BBC1, 6.25pm Yes We Can! The Lost Art of Oratory Sunday, BBC2, 7.50pm Celebrity Bainisteoir Sunday, RTÉ1, 6.30pm". Irish Independent. Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- Bolland, John (28 March 2009). "From boom to doom with gloomy George". Irish Independent. Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- "Derek Davis". Irish Independent. 12 April 2009. Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- "Sweet serenade for Valerie as Dun cuts it with Rose". Irish Independent. 12 April 2009. Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- "Me, catty? You must be joking, says Andrea". Irish Independent. 14 March 2009. Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- "Andrea Roche teams up with Rockwell Rovers for Celebrity Bainisteoir". The Nationalist. 15 January 2008. Archived from the original on 17 February 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2009.
- Finn, Melanie (10 December 2011). "Andrea's romantic Paris proposal". Evening Herald. Archived from the original on 9 September 2012. Retrieved 10 December 2011.
- "Romance In Ibiza Andrea Roche ties knot with Rob White". 23 July 2012. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- Finn, Melanie (22 September 2013). "Top model agent Andrea Roche announces pregnancy". Independent.ie. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "Andrea Roche shares adorable picture". Independent.ie. 21 August 2014. Retrieved 20 September 2014.