Andrea Rosen (born September 29, 1974) is an American comedian and actress most notable for her work with comedy troupes Stella and Variety Shac, and for her appearances in numerous television commercials. She is the creator of Take Me to Your Mother, a documentary-style comedy on the Nick Jr./NickMom cable network.
Life and career
Rosen was born in New York, New York. She grew up in Roosevelt Island, New York City. Her father, a former Creative Director at an advertising agency in Connecticut, has now semi-retired as the operator of a bone fishing lodge in The Bahamas.
Rosen co-wrote and performed It's a Detective Agency and Everyone's English, a play at the NYC Fringe Festival. In late 2007, Rosen revealed that Variety Shac was working on a television pilot for the Adult Swim cable network.
- Take Me to Your Mother (2013–present)
- Episodes (2014)
- Michael and Michael Have Issues (2009)
- Flight of the Conchords (2009)
- Whitest Kids U'Know (2007)
- VH1's 40 Most Softsational Soft-Rock Songs (2007)
- VH1's All Access (2006— )
- Rescue Me (2006)
- Denis Leary's Merry F#%$in' Christmas (2005)
- Stella (2005)
- VH1's ...ever! franchise (2004–2005)
- The Wrong Coast (2004)
- Shaman King (2003)
- "Fast and Loose"
- "Room for Rent"
- "It's a Detective Agency and Everyone's English" (co-writer/producer)
- Invite Them Up (stand-up performer)
- Pie-Hole Comedy Show (regular host, 2000— )
- "Take Me To Your Mother". NickMom. Archived from the original on 2015-09-09. Retrieved 2015-09-15.
- Eliot Glazer (2007-10-11). "Inside With: Andrea Rosen". The Apiary. Archived from the original on 2008-02-10. Retrieved 2008-02-01.
- "Terry's(R) Chocolate Crowns America's Whackiest Amateur Comedian; Andrea Rosen of New York City Laughed Way to $10,000 Grand Prize In National Comedy Contest". PR Newswire. 2000-12-06. Archived from the original on 2011-05-17. Retrieved 2008-04-04.
- "Take Me To Your Mother". Archived from the original on 2015-09-09. Retrieved 2013-05-09.
- "Access Hollywood". Hulu. Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-04-21. Retrieved 2006-04-17.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Why actors in TV commercials look so familiar". Retrieved 2019-03-18.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-06-27. Retrieved 2006-08-24.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- palrip (11 January 2008). "Andrea Rosen Yoplait Commercial". Retrieved 19 December 2017 – via YouTube.
- palrip (15 February 2008). "Andrea Rosen for New York Lottery". Retrieved 19 December 2017 – via YouTube.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-26. Retrieved 2008-02-01.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Serious Fun", The Brooklyn Papers, November 10, 2003