Slobodian reporting for Sun News from Olympic Plaza (Calgary) on December 9, 2011
|Occupation||Television journalist and news anchor|
|Website||@AndreaSlobodian on Twitter|
Andrea Slobodian is a Canadian television reporter. In October 2012, she became the late night anchor for CTV News in Winnipeg. Previously she was a reporter and commentator for The Roundtable on Sun News Network.
Slobodian is in the third generation of her family to live in Canada. They came from Ukraine and settled in Manitoba, where she was raised. She graduated from Collège Jeanne-Sauvé, Winnipeg; then took Red River College’s Creative Communications course, majoring in journalism. She received her Bachelor of Arts in Communications from the University of Winnipeg.
Career in media
Slobodian worked as a television news reporter, producer, and anchor for Citytv Winnipeg, before and after its acquisition by Bell Media in 2006. Later, Slobodian was hired by Global Winnipeg, first in a term position in 2007, and then as a full-time weather anchor. She stayed with Global until being hired in 2009 to become Shaw TV Calgary's first weather anchor. She worked briefly for CBC Calgary until 2011, when she was hired by Sun News Network to co-host a new morning show, from Calgary. Called The Roundtable, the show was also co-hosted by Alex Pierson and Pat Bolland, both in Toronto. She moved on to CTV Winnipeg in October 2012 to be their Late Night Anchor.
- "Andrea Slobodian". winnipeg.ctvnews.ca. Retrieved 2012-11-09.
- "The Rountable". Sun News Network. Quebecor. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Morning Sun: Alex Pierson". HamiltonMagazine.com. Sun Media. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- QMI News Agency (December 22, 2011). "The Roundtable: 'A breakfast show with bite'". London Free Press. Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- "Andrea Slobodian: Weather Anchor". GlobalWinnipeg.com. Shaw Media Inc. 2008-03-11. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- Slobodian, Andrea (2011-11-23). "Occupy movement ignores Canada as land of opportunity". Winnipeg Sun. QMI Agency. Retrieved 2011-12-12.
- Pursaga, Joyanne (2006-07-13). "No warning before axe fell". Winnipeg Sun (Canoe.ca). Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- Williams, Nicole (2007). Manitoba Media Directory. Pat Rediger, Benchmark Public Relations. p. 53. ISBN 978-0-9782876-1-0.
- "Meera Bahadoosingh Joining Shaw TV Winnipeg". ChrisD.ca. 2009-09-18. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Andrea Slobodian — From Mosquitoes to Chinooks". ChrisD.ca. 2009-09-16. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Andrea Slobodian". Canada.com. CanWest MediaWorks Publications Inc. 2008-03-11. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Andrea Slobodian to Co-Host Sun TV Morning Show". ChrisD.ca. 2011-03-24. Retrieved 2011-12-11.
- "Andrea Slobodian Named CTV Winnipeg Late Night Anchor". chrisd.ca. 2012-09-27. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andrea Slobodian.|