Andrea Sperling is an American independent film producer based in Los Angeles. The films she has produced include Totally Fucked Up, But I'm a Cheerleader, D.E.B.S. and Itty Bitty Titty Committee and the Sundance Top Prize winning Like Crazy.
Sperling graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara in 1990 with a Bachelor of Arts in Film History, Theory and Criticism. While she was at college, she interned at Avenue Pictures. Gregg Araki, who was Sperling's professor, asked her to work with him on The Living End.
Sperling is on the board of directors of non-profit organization and film production company POWER UP. Founded in 2000 by Stacy Codikow and Amy Shomer, POWER UP promotes the visibility of lesbians in entertainment and the media.
Sperling has two children with director Jamie Babbit.
- ^ a b c Wolfe, Kathy. "Andrea Sperling Presented with the Wolfe Achievement Award". Miami Gay and Lesbian Film Festival. Archived from the original on 9 May 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-26.
- ^ Bowen, Peter (September 1996). "Bringing up Indie - film producer Andrea Sperling - Interview". ArtForum. Archived from the original on 26 June 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-26.
- ^ Faggioli, Claire (2007-06-04). "Andrea Sperling, powering up". SF360. Archived from the original on 2007-10-09. Retrieved 2007-09-27.
- ^ Gomez, Enrique (2007-04-04). "Interview with Jamie Babbit and Lisa Thrasher". Quirkee.com. Archived from the original on 2007-09-02. Retrieved 2007-05-14.
- ^ Warn, Sarah (June 2004). "Interview with Jamie Babbit". AfterEllen.com. Archived from the original on 7 June 2007. Retrieved 2007-05-14.
- ^ Dick, Kirby (director) (2006). This Film Is Not Yet Rated (Motion picture (DVD)). New York, NY: IFC Films. Archived from the original on 4 July 2007. Retrieved 2007-06-16.
- ^ Belge, Kathy (2007-06-24). "Jamie Babbit Interview". LesbianLife.com. Archived from the original on 5 November 2007. Retrieved 2007-10-22.
- ^ Ryder, Caroline (2008-01-18). "We Rabbit With Babbit". OurChart.com. Archived from the original on 2008-01-20. Retrieved 2008-01-18.