|Born||Andreana Kostantina Tantaros
December 30, 1978
Allentown, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Education||Parkland High School
University of Paris (The Sorbonne)
|Television||The Five (Fox News Channel)
Outnumbered (Fox News Channel)
Andreana Kostantina Tantaros (born December 30, 1978) is an American conservative political analyst and commentator. She was a co-host of Outnumbered on Fox News Channel, and an original co-host of The Five. She sued Fox News in August 2016, claiming sexual harassment.
Tantaros was born and raised in Allentown, Pennsylvania, where she attended Parkland High School. Her father is a Greek immigrant, and her mother is of Italian descent. Her family owned the Pied Piper Diner, where she worked.
She graduated from Lehigh University with a degree in French and journalism. She completed her graduate studies at the Sorbonne in Paris, France. After returning from Paris, Tantaros moved to Washington, D.C.
Tantaros worked as a spokeswoman for Massachusetts Governor William Weld, then Congressman Pat Toomey and former National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Thomas Reynolds. She started Andrea Tantaros Media,[when?] which provided crisis management and media strategy consulting to Fortune 500 companies and political campaigns.
Tantaros joined Fox News Channel in April 2010 as a political contributor. In 2011, she was named a co-host of The Five. After several months of airing, The Five consistently beat its competitors on MSNBC and CNN combined and by 2013, it was the second-most watched program in cable news.
Tantaros went on to co-host Outnumbered in 2014. On April 25, 2016, she was pulled from the show for what Fox News said were "contract issues." In August 2016, Tantaros claimed that she approached Fox News executives about Roger Ailes sexually harassing her in 2015. She said her allegations resulted first in her being demoted from The Five to Outnumbered, and then in her being taken off the air in April 2016. In August 2016, she filed a lawsuit against Fox News for sexual harassment, also claiming that Bill O'Reilly, Dean Cain, and Scott Brown made inappropriate comments to her, and that Brown and Cain touched her without her consent.
- Tied Up in Knots: How Getting What We Wanted Made Women Miserable, Actually written by ghostwriter Michael Krechmer, Broadside Books, (2016) 256 pages ISBN 978-0062351869
- "'Outnumbered' panel discuss their monikers". Fox News. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- "The Five - Fox News". Fox News. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- Ex-Fox News host from Parkland says she was sexually harassed in lawsuit against Roger Ailes, The Morning Call, Allentown, PA, August 23rd 2016.
- "Politics as Usual". The Morning Call. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- Andrea Tantaros '01 Archived July 26, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Andrea Tantaros". Fox News. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- Summer Of Gutfeld? Strong Ratings For Both Red Eye And The Five. Mediaite. 2011-08-30.
- Gauthier, Brendan (April 29, 2016). "Fox News host Andrea Tantaros quietly pulled from daytime show over contract "issues"". salon.com. Salon. Retrieved May 16, 2016.
- Sherman, Gabriel (August 8, 2016). "Fox News Host Andrea Tantaros Says She Was Taken Off the Air After Making Sexual-Harassment Claims Against Roger Ailes". New York. Retrieved August 8, 2016.
- "Ex-Fox News Host Says Scott Brown Put His Hands On Her, Made Sexually Suggestive Comments". CBS News. August 23, 2016. Retrieved August 23, 2016.
- Sutton, Kelsey (August 23, 2016). "Former Fox News host Andrea Tantaros sues for sexual harassment". Politico. Retrieved August 23, 2016.