|Date of birth||2 February 1975|
|Place of birth||Gaglianico, Italy|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Right Midfielder, Attacking Midfielder|
|2000–2001||→ Reggina (co-ownership)||24||(5)|
|2001–2003||→ Vicenza (co-ownership)||56||(6)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 July 2013.
Born in Gaglianico, Piedmont, Zanchetta started his professional career at Internazionale. After working his way through the club's youth ranks, he made his first team debut in the Italian Serie A on 23 October 1994 against U.S. Foggia. That season he played twice for Inter, both against Foggia.
Ahead of the 1995–96 Serie A season, he left for Foggia in a co-ownership deal. Zanchetta proved to me a mainstay in the line-up at his new club, making 57 league appearances in two seasons. After scoring 7 goals in his second season with the club, Inter bought back the full registration rights to Zanchetta and sold him permanently to Chievo shortly after.
At Chievo he was one of the regular starter, and scored 8 goals in the first season.
Reggina & Vicenza
After almost relegated to Serie C1, Zanchetta secured a move to Serie A struggler Reggina in co-ownership deal. Zanchetta showed his talent in attack, scored 5 goals in his second Serie A season, in although Reggina was relegated. Co-currently, Chievo won Serie A promotion by finished third and bought back Zanchetta.
He played 2 league matches for Chievo in 2001-02 Serie A season.
In June 2003, Firmani and Zanchetta moved back to their original clubs. With Chievo, which he was awarded a new contract until June 2007 in March 2004 (along with Salvatore Lanna), he failed to become the regular starter but worked as a good backup player, for the team that had Mario Santana, Luciano, Franco Semioli and Victor Nsofor Obinna in attack. He wore no.10 from 2004 to 2007, toke from Lorenzo D'Anna.
Due to 2006 Italian football scandal, Chievo qualified to 2006–07 UEFA Champions League, he played both legs as attacking midfielder role. He also played in 2006–07 UEFA Cup First Round both legs, as Chievo lost in 2-3 aggregate.
- "il Ravenna a un passo da Colacone, D' Autilia a Foggia" (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. 25 June 1997. Retrieved 2010-01-12.
- "Il Vicenza a Messina non va oltre il pari" (in Italian). Vicenza Calcio. 1 October 2001. Archived from the original on 21 November 2008. Retrieved 2010-01-12.
- "New deals for Chievo duo". UEFA.com. 12 March 2004. Retrieved 2010-01-12.
- "COZZOLINO AL CHIEVOVERONA, ZANCHETTA AL LECCE" (in Italian). AC ChievoVerona. 29 January 2007. Retrieved 12 January 2010.[dead link]
- "Zanchetta e Nizzetto firmano per la Cremo" (in Italian). US Cremonese. 3 July 2009. Retrieved 2010-01-12.[dead link]