Andrea von Habsburg
|Andrea von Habsburg|
|Hereditary Countess of Neipperg|
30 May 1953 |
|Spouse||Karl Eugen, Hereditary Count of Neipperg|
Countess Hemma, Mrs Specht
Princess Katharina of Lobkowicz
|Father||Otto, Crown Prince of Austria|
|Mother||Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen|
|Austrian imperial family|
Andrea von Habsburg (Andrea Maria von Habsburg-Lothringen) Archduchess of Austria, Hereditary Countess of Neipperg, (born 30 May 1953, in Würzburg, Bavaria), is the first child and oldest daughter of Otto von Habsburg and his wife Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen.
Andrea von Habsburg was born in Würzburg, Bavaria, the first child of Otto von Habsburg, the crown prince of Austria, and his wife, Princess Regina of Saxe-Meiningen. She was raised at her parents' home in exile, Villa Austria, in Pöcking, Bavaria.
She is a grand-daughter of the last Austrian emperor, Charles I. However, she does not use her ancestral titles as a member of the House of Habsburg, since the use of such titles is illegal in Hungary and Austria.
Marriage and issue
She married Karl Eugen, Hereditary Count of Neipperg (born 20 October 1951), son of Josef, Count of Neipperg (born 22 July 1918) and Countess Maria von Ledebur-Wicheln (1920–1984), on 9 July 1977 in Pöcking, Bavaria. (The County of Neipperg, centred on Schwaigern, had become an Imperial State of the Holy Roman Empire in 1766, mediatised to the Kingdom of Württemberg in 1806). They have issue:
- Count Philipp of Neipperg (b. 6 September 1978), who married Paula Wolff (b. 1981) on 26 April 2008 in Salzburg. Through her mother (born a countess von Meran), Wolff is a descendant of Empress Marie Louise, second wife of Napoleon I and whose second husband was Count Adam Adalbert of Neipperg. They have issue:
- Count Benedikt of Neipperg (b. 11 April 1980).
- Count Dominik of Neipperg (b. 27 July 1981), married on 4 August 2012 to Princess Marie-Anna of Salm-Salm (b. 22 February 1986). They have issue:
- Countess Florentina of Neipperg (born 2015).
- Countess Hemma of Neipperg (b. 11 October 1983), married on 30 May 2012 to Roman Keno Specht, and they have issue
- Countess Katharina of Neipperg (b. 3 April 1986), married on 30 August 2012 Prince Wenzel of Lobkowicz (b. 4 December 1986), and they have issue:
- Prince Valerian of Lobkowicz (born 2014)
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XIV. "Haus Österreich". C.A. Starke Verlag, 2001, pp. 87–88. ISBN 3-7980-0824-8.
- "Habsburg Daughter Born", The Washington Post, Wuerzburg, Germany, 31 May 1953
- "RIS - Gesamte Rechtsvorschrift für Habsburgergesetz - Bundesrecht konsolidiert, Fassung vom 09.08.2015". bka.gv.at.
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XIX. "Neipperg". C.A. Starke Verlag, 2011, pp. 278–281. ISBN 3-7980-0849-3.
- Enache, Nicolas. La Descendance de Marie-Therese de Habsburg. ICC, Paris, 1996. pp. 27, 30, 42-43. (French). ISBN 2-908003-04-X
- Theroff, Paul. "Neipperg". www.angelfire.com/realm/gotha/ (Paul Theroff's Royal Genealogy Site).[self-published source][better source needed]
- Descendants of Archduke Franz Karl of Austria
- Theroff, Paul. "neipperg". www.angelfire.com/realm/gotha/ (Paul Theroff's Royal Genealogy Site).[self-published source][better source needed]
- http://kepek.origo.hu/galleriesdisplay/upload/[permanent dead link]/1107/Az_ut201174111011/img/n04.jpg
- Béeche. Arturo E. The Coburgs of Europe. Eurohistory. 2013. pp. 20, 25. ISBN 978-0-9854603-3-4