||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (December 2014)|
Andreas Raymond Dombret (born January 16, 1960 in the United States) is German-American banker. He was the Vice-Chairman of Bank of America Global Investment Banking in Europe, the Middle East and Africa as well as Head of the German, Austrian and Swiss branches. Since 1 May 2010, he has been a member of the Executive Board of the Deutsche Bundesbank with responsibility for Banking and Financial Supervision, Risk Controlling and the Bundesbank's Representative Offices abroad. Andreas Dombret holds dual German and American citizenships.
Andreas Dombret completed his MBA at Westfälische Wilhelms University Münster and earned his doctorate at Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg, where he wrote his dissertation on Takeover Premiums in M&A Transactions. Dombret is honorary professor at the European Business School in Oestrich-Winkel where he currently acts as visiting lecturer for the MBA graduate program in the courses Investment Banking and Capital Markets.
Since 2010 Dombret is member of the executive board of the Deutsche Bundesbank responsible for Banking Supervision, Risk Control, Economic Education, University of Applied Sciences and Technical Central Bank Cooperation and the Bundesbank's representatives abroad. Dombret is member of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, the Supervisory Board of the Single Supervisory Mechanism as well as the German Financial Stability Committee. From 2005 to 2009, Dombret has been the Vice Chairman of Bank of America Global Investment Banking in Europe, the Middle East and Africa as well as Head of the German, Austrian and Swiss branches. Prior to joining Bank of America, Dombret was a Managing Director and the Co-Head of Rothschild Germany. Prior to this, he spent 10 years with JP Morgan in London and in Frankfurt, and was a Managing Director in the Investment Banking Division covering German clients. Andreas Dombret began his career at the headquarters of Deutsche Bank.
Honorary posts and memberships
Dombret is a member of the Board of Trustees/Advisory Board for the Center for Financial Studies and the Economics Department at the University of Frankfurt, the University of Münster, the Schirn Kunsthalle Frankfurt, the Städel, and the Austrian Society for Bank-Research. In addition, Dombret is Treasurerer of Atlantik-Brücke, member of the Board of Directors of the European School for Management and Technology (ESMT) and the Salzburg Global Seminar as well as member of the Stock Exchange Expert Commission of the Federal Ministry of Finance. He is Board Member at the International Centre for Monetary and Banking Studies (ICMB)/Geneva as well as Co-Editor of the Journal “Zeitschrift für das gesamte Kreditwesen” and member of the Advisory Board of Editors to the Journal "The International Economy".
In 2007, Dombret was awarded the Cross of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany (Bundesverdienstkreuz am Bande). In 2012, Dombret was honoured with the Austrian Cross of Honour for Science and Art. In 2013, he was awarded with the Hessian Order of Merit  as well as with the Plaque of Honour of Frankfurt am Main. In 2016, Dombret was awarded the Weilburgpreis of the City of Baden, Austria, for his support of art and culture as well as the Japanese Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon. In 2016, he was awarded the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for services to Anglo German economic and trade relations.  In 2017, he obtained the silver cross of the Bundesland Niederösterreich (Lower Austria) for his support the Arnulf Rainer museum in Baden. 
Dombret sponsors the Andreas Dombret – Center for Students Initiatives (CSI) at the Westfälische Wilhelms University (WWU) in Münster and a graduation prize for one dissertation that best combines science and practice every year. For his merits for the university, Andreas Dombret was awarded with the WWU university medal in 2009. For his grant to the Arnulf Rainer museum in Baden (near Vienna) he was awarded with the "Grosse silberne Stadtwappen der Stadt Baden bei Wien" in January 2010.
- Dombret, A..R.; Gündüz, Yalin; Rocholl, Jörg (2017): Will German Banks earn their cost of capital? In: Discussion Paper No 01/2017, Deutsche Bundesbank, Frankfurt.
- Dombret, A.R.(2017): European Financial Integration: Monetary Union, Banking Union, Capital Markets Union. In: Francioni, Reto / Schwartz, Robert A. (eds.): Equity Markets in Transition. Springer, Cham, S. 565-573
- Dombret, A.R. (2016): Blase oder nicht – wo steht der deutsche Wohnimmobilienmarkt? In: ifo Schnelldienst 16/2016, 69. Jg., S. 20-25
- Dombret, A.R. (2016): Baustelle europäische Bankenunion – gemeinsame Aufsicht, gemeinsame Abwicklung, gemeinsame Einlagensicherung? In: Zeitschrift für das gesamte Kreditwesen, 69. Jg., Nr. 13, S. 632 ff.
- Dombret, A.R. (ed) (2015): "Bankenaufsicht im Dialog 2015", Schriftenreihe zum Bundesbank Symposium, Frankfurt am Main.
- Dombret, A.R. (2013): "Criteria for Financial Stability - The European View", in Dombret, A.R./Lucius, O.(Hg.): "Stability of the Financial System - Illusion or Feasible Concept?", Cheltenham, UK und Northampton, USA, 2013.
- Dombret, A.R. (2013): "Solving the Too-Big-To-Fail-Problem for Financial Institutions", in: Dombret, A.R./Kenadjian, P. (Hg.): "The Bank Recovery and Resolution Directive - Europe's Solution for 'Too Big To Fail'?", Berlin und Boston, 2013.
- "Dr Andreas Dombret, Member of the Executive Board of the Deutsche Bundesbank". Deutsche Bundesbank. Retrieved 25 October 2015.
- "Allocation of responsibilities on the Executive Board of the Deutsche Bundesbank". Retrieved 25 October 2015.
- "Springer Catalgoue". Springer Verlag. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- "CFS: Board of Trustees". Center for Financial Studies. Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- "Kuratorium" (in German). Förderkreis Universität Münster. Archived from the original on 8 August 2010. Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- Ettel, Anja (12 March 2010). "Raymond Dombret wird neues Mitglied im Bundesbank-Vorstand". Die Welt (in German). Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- Ordensverleihung: Dr. Andreas Dombret erhält das Österreichische Ehrenkreuz für Wissenschaft und Kunst 19. November 2011
- Hessischer Verdienstorden für Prof. Dr. Andreas Raymond Dombret aus Bad Homburg vom 21. Mai 2013
- Weilburgpreis für Prof. Dr. Andreas Dombret vom 26. Februar 2016
- "平成２８年春の外国人叙勲受章者名簿 : 日本の勲章・褒章 - 内閣府". www8.cao.go.jp. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- "Andreas Dombret-Center for Students Initiatives (CSI)" (in German). University of Münster. Archived from the original on 5 August 2010. Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- "Dr. Andreas Dombret Promotionspreis" (in German). University of Münster. Archived from the original on 9 August 2010. Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- "Universitätsmedaille der WWU Münster für Dr. Andreas R. Dombret" (in German). University of Münster. Retrieved 4 August 2010.
- "Baden auf dem Weg" (pdf). baden.at - Magazin (in German). Baden: Stadtgemeinde Baden (01/10): 8. 2010. Retrieved 4 August 2010.