Life and work
Eenfeldt originally worked as a family physician. In 2007 he started a Swedish website called kostdoktorn.se that became the country’s largest health blog. In 2011 he started an English version, DietDoctor.com, and in 2015 stopped working as a physician to devote himself to the site full time. As of 2018, the Diet Doctor website is the largest low-carb website in the world, employing 22 people full-time and receiving 350,000 visits per day. It aims to offer dietary advice and recipes for doctors and the general public. Most of the site’s resources are available for free, with funding coming from an optional subscription.
In 2011 Eenfeldt wrote a book Low Carb High Fat Food Revolution, which became a Swedish bestseller and has been translated into eight languages.
Dr Eenfeldt believes that a keto diet is the most effective diet for both weight loss and at reducing several markers of cardiovascular risk in the obese. He has appeared in the 2014 documentary Carb-Loaded: A Culture Dying to Eat directed by Lathe Poland, and will appear in the 2019 documentary Fat presented by Vinnie Tortorich.
- Authors – Andreas Eefeldt. Bonnier Rights
- Williams, Alexander (4th December, 2017). Dr Andreas Eenfeldt: A Global Food Revolution. Diabetes.co.uk
- Mullens, Anne (3 Feb 2017). Stick to This Diet If You Want to Reverse Diabetes Risk Factors—or Avoid Them Completely. Reader’s Digest.
- Malhotra, Aseem (21 August 2015). Diabetes and diet: There's an epidemic of misinformation. Health Service Journal.
- IMDB: Andreas Eenfeldt. IMDB.