|Minister of Transport and Digital Infrastructure|
14 March 2018 – 8 December 2021
|Preceded by||Christian Schmidt (Acting)|
|Succeeded by||Volker Wissing|
|Secretary General of the Christian Social Union|
15 December 2013 – 14 March 2018
|Preceded by||Alexander Dobrindt|
|Succeeded by||Markus Blume|
|Parliamentary Secretary of State for Transport, Building and Urban Development|
18 October 2009 – 17 December 2013
|Preceded by||Karin Roth|
|Succeeded by||Dorothee Bär|
|Member of the Bundestag |
|Assumed office |
18 September 2005
|Preceded by||Klaus Rose|
|Member of the Bundestag |
22 September 2002 – 18 September 2005
Andreas Franz Scheuer
26 September 1974
Passau, Bavaria, West Germany
|Political party||Christian Social Union (CSU)|
|Alma mater||University of Passau|
Andreas Franz Scheuer (born 26 September 1974) is a German politician of the Christian Social Union (CSU) party. From 15 December 2013 to 13 March 2018, he was Secretary General of the CSU. From 2009 to 2013, he was Parliamentary Secretary of State in the former Federal Ministry for Transport, Building and Urban Development in the Cabinet Merkel II. He has been a member of the German Bundestag since 2002. In 2016, he was also elected district chairman of CSU Lower Bavaria.
Early life and education
Scheuer was born in Passau and completed high school there in 1994. In 1998, he completed his first state examination in teaching at junior high schools. Afterwards, he achieved a master's degree in political science, economics, and sociology at the University of Passau in 2001. In 2004, he completed a PhDr at Charles University Prague.
Career in state politics
Scheuer has been a member of the CSU and the Junge Union (JU) since 1994. From 1997 to 2003, he was district chairman of the Junge Union Passau City. Between 1998 and 1999, he worked as adviser to Minister-President Edmund Stoiber of Bavaria.
Career in national politics
From 1999 to 2001, Scheuer served on the JU's national board. From 2001 to 2003 he was a member of the JU board in the state of Bavaria. In 2001, Scheuer was also elected to the CSU district executive Lower Bavaria, from 2003 to 2007 he was district chairman of JU Lower Bavaria. In the 2003 election he joined the CSU district board of Passau City. From 1998 to 1999, he was an employee of Bavarian Minister President Edmund Stoiber. In 2002, he was also elected to the Passau city council.
Member of the German Parliament, 2002–present
In the negotiations to form a Grand Coalition of Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democrats (CDU together with the Bavarian CSU) and the Social Democrats (SPD) following the 2013 federal elections, Scheuer was part of the SPD delegation in the working group on transport, building and infrastructure, led by Peter Ramsauer and Florian Pronold.
In 2020, the Bundestag launched an inquiry about the minister implication in autobahn toll affairs. The opposition parties in the Bundestag accuses Scheuer of breaking the law and making massive mistakes. Scheuer's ministry is said to have broken budgetary and public procurement law when concluding the multi-billion dollar contracts with the operators and "deliberately deceived" the Bundestag about the real costs of the car toll.
- KfW, Ex-Officio Member of the Board of Supervisory Directors (2018–2021)
- Klinik Prof. Schedel GmbH, Member of the Advisory Board
- Akademie für Politische Bildung Tutzing, Member of the Advisory Board
- German Deutsch-Tschechische und -Slowakische Gesellschaft (DTSG), Chairman
- Frischluft, Member of the Board of Trustees
In addition, Scheuer is a member of the broadcasting council of the German ZDF public television channel for the CSU party. In 2016 he demanded a "political aftermath" within the council because of the late reporting of the channel about the New Year's Eve sexual assaults in Germany.
Scheuer was married to his first wife until 2011. He was later married to TV presenter Sabine Reisp from 2013 until 2018; the couple has a daughter. In August 2021 he married his girlfriend Julia Reuss.
- Oldtimer-Arbeitskreis im Bundestag Focus, 29 May 2009.
- https://www.sueddeutsche.de/politik/scheuer-maut-rechtsbruch-1.5284332 in German
- Andreas Scheuer Bundestag.
- Board of Supervisory Directors and its Committees KfW.
- Board of Trustees, Advisory Board Akademie für Politische Bildung Tutzing.
- Board of Trustees Frischluft.
- Im Fernsehrat: CSU-Generalsekretär Scheuer kündigt ZDF politisches Nachspiel an, Focus, in German
- Diese Unionsabgeordneten stimmten für die Ehe für alle Die Welt, 30 June 2017.
- Ehe-Aus: CSU-Mann Scheuer und seine Frau haben sich getrennt – Probleme deutete sie 2016 schon an Münchner Merkur, 8 May 2018.