|Member of the European Parliament|
9 April 1973
Rottweil, Baden-Württemberg, West Germany
|Political party|| German:
Christian Democratic Union
European People's Party (EPP)
|Alma mater||University of Freiburg,
University of Wales
Andreas Schwab (born 9 April 1973, Rottweil) is a German politician and Member of the European Parliament (MEP) for Baden-Württemberg. He is a member of the conservative Christian Democratic Union, part of the European People's Party. Since 2009, he has been Of Counsel with CMS Hasche Sigle.
Member of the European Parliament, 2004–present
Schwab serves on the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumer Protection (IMCO), where he deals with network and information security. He is the European People's Party Group’s coordinator on the committee.
From 2010 to 2011, Schwab drafted the European Parliament’s report on the EU Consumer Rights Directive. As shadow rapporteur, he has issued opinions on the negotiations for the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (2015) and on the Annual Report on EU Competition Policy (2015). In 2014, he co-sponsored (with Ramon Tremosa) a non-binding bill before the European Parliament calling on the European Commission to consider separating Google’s search-engine business from its other commercial activities to ensure fair competition on the internet. He currently leads the European Parliament’s negotiating team on internet platform regulation in Europe.
In addition, Schwab serves as a member of the European Parliament's Sky and Space Intergroup (SSI) and the European Parliament Intergroup on Biodiversity, Countryside, Hunting and Recreational Fisheries.
- University of Freiburg, Member of the Advisory Board
- Franco-German Institute (DFI), Member of the Board
- Nachsorgeklinik Tannheim, Member of the Board of Trustees
- European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR), Member
- Kangaroo Group, Member
- Transatlantic Policy Network (TPN), Member
- European Internet Foundation, Member
- "Your MEPs : Andreas SCHWAB". Europa. Retrieved 29 August 2010.
- Dr. Andreas Schwab CMS Hasche Sigle, Berlin.
- Toby Vogel (September 11, 2014), Committees choose rapporteurs European Voice.
- Ian Wishart (March 24, 2011), MEPs support tougher consumer protection laws European Voice.
- Foo Yun Chee (November 24, 2014), EU lawmakers to vote on Google break-up motion on Thursday Reuters.
- Nicholas Hirst (November 27, 2014), MEPs back motion suggesting break-up of Google European Voice.
- Nicholas Hirst (May 21, 2015), US tech firms targeted in cybersecurity talks Politico Europe.
- Members of the European Parliament's Sky and Space Intergroup (SSI) European Parliament.
- Member of the European Parliament Intergroup on Biodiversity, Countryside, Hunting and Recreational Fisheries European Parliament.
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography article about a member of the Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|