Andreas Stensland Løwe
Andreas Stensland Løwe and Jo Berger Myhre in Aarhus, Denmark (2009)
|Birth name||Andreas Stensland Løwe|
|Born||14 October 1983|
Larvik, Vestfold, Norway
Andreas Stensland Løwe (born 14 October 1983 in Larvik, Norway) is a Norwegian jazz pianist from Hedrum, living in Oslo, with a taste for electronic sound processing. He is known from bands like Splashgirl, Silent Velcro and The Captain & Me, and collaborations with artists like Hanne Kolstø, Frida Ånnevik and Susanna Wallumrød.
As a major composer and pianist in Splashgirl Løwe has played a series of concerts in places from Japan in the east to Seattle in the west, and he has released several albums. He also has appeared as a composer of a number of commissioned works, including for the Tape to Zero Festival in Oslo, and composed music for stage and movies.
- With Splashgirl
- 2007: Doors. Keys. (AIM Records)
- 2009: Arbor (Hubro Music)
- 2011: Splashgirl / Huntsville (Hubro Music)
- 2011: Pressure (Hubro Music)
- 2013: Field Day Rituals (Hubro Music)
- With Xtet Project
- 2009: Phase First (Bushbaby Records)
- With Rutger Zuydervelt
- "Andreas Stensland Løwe - artist" (in Norwegian). MIC.no. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- "Andreas Stensland Løwe". Biography (in Norwegian). Nationaltheatret. Archived from the original on June 20, 2015. Retrieved June 14, 2015.
- "Andreas Stensland Løwe". Discography. Discogs.com. Retrieved June 14, 2015.