Andreas Treichl (* born on 16 June 1952 in Vienna) is an Austrian bank manager.
Treichl attended the Schottengymnasium in Vienna (Upper Secondary School). After completing studies in economics at the University of Vienna, he worked at several branches of Chase Manhattan Bank in a number of European and American cities from 1977 to 1983. From 1983 to 1986, he was a member of the senior management at Erste Bank der oesterreichischen Sparkassen AG. From 1986 to 1993, he served as Chairman of the Board of Chase Manhattan Bank Austria and from 1993 to 1994 as Chairman of the Board of Crédit Lyonnais Austria. In 1997 he became Chairman of the Board of Erste Bank, and since 2008, he has been Chief Executive Officer of Erste Group Bank AG. The largest shareholder of Erste Group is ERSTE Stiftung of which Andreas Treichl has been Chairman of the Board since the end of 2012. ERSTE Stiftung is one of the largest non-profit organisations in Europe. Its activities focus on the region of Central and Eastern Europe, which is Erste Group’s home market, and include programmes for social integration, culture and Europe. Moreover, Andreas Treichl initiated the project “Zweite Sparkasse” and played a key role in its implementation.
Treichl served as finance director of the federal organization of the Austrian People's Party (Österreichische Volkspartei, ÖVP) from 1991 to 1997. He was named Manager of the Year by the Vienna University of Economics on 12 November 2007. Andreas Treichl is a board member of the International Monetary Conference (IMC), of the Institute of International Finance (IIF) and of the Trilateral Commission European Region. In June 2010, he was an invited guest at the 58th Bilderberg Conference in Sitges.
- European Council on Foreign Relations (ECFR), Member
- Open Society Foundations, Member of the European Advisory Board
- 2001: Grand Decoration of Honour in Silver for Services to the Republic of Austria 
- 2007: Grand Decoration of Honour in Gold for Services to the Republic of Austria 
- 2007: Economic-Manager of the year 
- 2012: Grand Order of the Tyrolean Eagle
Andreas Treichl is married to Desirée Treichl-Stürgkh and has three sons. Treichl is the son of Heinrich Treichl.
- Schwaiger, Rosemarie (2010-06-05). "58. "Bilderberg"- Konferenz: Das Geheimnis von Sitges". diepresse.com. Retrieved 2011-07-24.
- Members European Council on Foreign Relations.
- European Advisory Board Open Society Foundations.
- Aufstellung aller durch den Bundespräsidenten verliehenen Ehrenzeichen für Verdienste um die Republik Österreich ab 1952 (PDF; 6,9 MB)
- boerse-express.com: Andreas Treichl WU-Manager des Jahres 2007. Artikel vom 9. Oktober 2007, retrieved, 17 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andreas Treichl.|