This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: seems like somebody has translated content from the Romanian-language Wikipedia with Google Translate or fellow translators. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||23 June 1984|
|Associated acts||Andra, Andrè, Andreea Antonescu, Alina Sorescu, Connect-R, Keo, Puya|
Andreea Bălan (Romanian pronunciation: [anˈdree̯a bəˈlan]; born 23 June 1984) is a Romanian pop singer. She made her singing debut on the children's television show, Ba da, ba nu, in 1994. Two years later, she released her debut solo album, Amețiți de fum. Bălan earned commercial success as a member of dance duo Andrè, who released six albums between 1998 and 2001. In 2002, the group was awarded four platinum and one gold record for selling 1.5 million album copies. Andrè was influential in bringing platform heels, box braids, mini skirts and push-up bras into fashion.
After the breakup of the group Andrè, Bălan released another solo album, Te joci cu mine, on 23 June 2002. She has since released five major studio albums and 20 music videos. In 2007, Bălan participated in the show Dancing, where she won the competition. She also placed 2nd in the international version, Dancing Around the World, with partner, Petrișor Rudge. Ranked in the top three in 2008, she was also among the best-selling Romanian artists in terms of concerts. Bălan is recognized as having spectacular shows in Romania, successfully combining music and dance, showing true performances with over ten costume changes. Among others, she has worked with Connect-R, Keo, and Puya.
- 1 Life and career
- 2 Image and musical style
- 3 Other aspects
- 4 Discography
- 5 Videoography
- 6 References
Life and career
Childhood and early career (1994 - 1998)
Andreea Bălan was born on 23 June 1984 to Săndel and Valeria Bǎlan.  She was known by those around her during her early years as being a "very good child". She attended Ion Luca Caragiale High School in Ploiești, passing the Baccalaureate exam in the 12th grade.
She began singing at the age of 10, under the guidance of her father, Săndel. She composed several pieces, with which she participated in a series of performances for children in Ploiești. In these recitals, she was noticed by Mihai Constantinescu. Bălan was then invited by him to participate in the children's show, Ba da, ba nu, which was broadcast on the Romanian channel TVR 1. She was later invited to other shows, such as Feriți-vă de măgăruș, Abracadabra, Video Magazin and Tip Top Mini Top. During this period, she participated in various children's festivals, receiving several awards, with the most notable being the Little Prince International Festival. Attended by children from 16 countries, Bălan was given the "Little Princess of Europe" award, presented by the then President of Romania, Emil Constantinescu. Some negotiations were made for her to form a group with Simona Nae, but the plans never materialized following disagreements between their parents.
In 1997, Bălan took part in Eurovision's National Gala, performing "Un univers mai liniștit", but was disqualified because she did not fit the age criteria. The following year, Bălan became the first child to release an album on a compact disc in Romania. The album, Amețiți de fum, contained 10 songs composed by her father and dances orchestrated by Cătălin Tîrcolea. Although officially released, it was not widely distributed due to lack of funds. It was claimed to be the first Romanian dance music release, due to songs on the album, such as "Rezemat de gard".
Andrè (1999 - 2001)
Towards the end of 1998, the musical project Andrè was born, with members Andreea Balan and Andreea Antonescu first meeting on the program Ba da, ba nu. Although member Gigi Antonescu was reluctant to join at first,  Andrè proved to be a national success, gaining notoriety both within Romania and internationally, with their target audience being teenagers. The compositions on their debut album, La întâlnire, were made mostly by Săndel Balan. The album included the song "Un univers mai liniștit," known in other countries as "Iluzii", which was previously performed by Bălan at Eurovision. Their debut album was released in May 1999 and proved to be a commercial success, selling over 50,000 copies by that September. The group gained major popularity due to their simple musical style and rhythmic beats. To promote the album, they performed "La întâlnire", "Să ne distrăm" and "Nu mă uita" on numerous television shows, but none of the songs featured music videos. Their first single earned success on radio stations, despite the radio's lack of support for Romanian musicians.
In the summer of 1999, the song "Liberă la mare" was released, a signature song for the group. The song was played during several occasions, including the Mamaia's Festival, where the song won 1st place, with Bălan becoming the youngest singer to win the award. At the end of that year, the album "Noapte de vis", which included the hit, being promoted song "Noapte de vis (Moșule, ce tânăr ești)", this with a video. "Noapte de vis" was named No. 16 in the "Top 20 after 90", a hierarchy organized by Kiss FM and "Click" magazine, based on public voting, and in 2008 "Liberă la mare" was ranked in the top 29 television made U TV entitled "Top 100 songs that Romania had broken in two".
For the third album, Prima iubire (2000) were promoted: "Prima iubire" and "Lasă-mă papa la mare", both Top 20 hits in Romania. "Lasă-mă papa la mare" was named No. 19 in the "Top 20 after 90", a hierarchy organized by Kiss FM and Click magazine, based on public voting. The next album, Am să-mi fac de cap (2000), was also promoted two songs: "Am să-mi fac de cap" and "Flori de tei", both benefiting from one video, the latter being at that time the most expensive video ever made Romania, with a budget of US $12,000 and was the first shot on film.
In early 2001 the magazine Bravo receive the distinction of "Best band for teens" and Cat Music rewards them with five platinum and one gold for the 1.5 million albums sold, calling them "princesses dance music" becoming first and only these records. But shortly split because of disagreements. Balan continues his career, forming a duo with Alina Sorescu. Although they had a number of television appearances, the project did not end an album or a video, and after six months apart. At the same time the market appears greatest hits album, Andre - The Best Of.
The band meets after father's death Andreea Antonescu, his last wish was this. Launches duo album O noapte și-o zi (2001) and a single of the same name, promoted by a video, but split again, especially Balan denying there any chance of a reconciliation work between the two, considering only possible duet. The success of the group is considered the largest in Romanian music history.
Throughout his career alongside Antonescu, the two were heavily criticized for the image promoted and fashion style. The two had a great influence on the young, fashion launching platforms, known as "track" the stalks, mini skirt and breast highlight with push-up bras. This fashion has been heavily criticized because of vulgarity and that girls felt influenced their image frivolous. The group was also constantly attention tabloids that published the rumors as the two did not get along, that only the financial bind and beat them backstage, things belied by the two performers, who argue that quarrels arose actually, because those articles.
Solo career (2002 - 2007)
The first solo album of Andreea was released commercially on June 23, 2002 under the label Cat Music and distributed by Media Services is Te joci cu mine. The album contains the song "Te joci cu mine", originally composed for Andrè. The song was promoted and was ranked lowest of the Romanian Top 100. No other single was not promoted on the album. Between June and September of the same year, you play with me was distributed over 30,000 copies.
Following the success of the album is followed by another one in September, Liberă din nou.] Between 22 December 2002 and 22 January 2003 gave a tour of 14 concerts in the United States. From the album have extracted the single "Liberă din nou" and "Plâng de dor". On March 1 was filmed the video for the single "Plâng de dor" that would be available as a maxi single. In the summer of 2003 launched the song "Nopți de vară" was included in the remake album Liberă din nou. Although it has enjoyed great success on radio, received first place in the "Best Songs" Mamaia's Festival as voted viewers. In the same period, Balan began a collaboration with the band News, group of 12 instrumentalists, starting a national tour; shortly stopped working because of financial problems and organizational staff musicians numbering 18 people.
The album Așa sunt eu (2004), with lyrics more mature and strong rock influences, has become very popular, promoting five tracks on it, three entered the top 40 ranking Romanian official, Romanian Top 100. Balan said he was very pleased with the final result, the songs are inspired by her life, covering topics such as fame, life in front of the camera and failure in love, considering it when matured artistically. Wanting to prove the quality of the album, it was promoted five parts: "Aparențe" (2004), "Oops, eroare" (2004), "Evadez" (2005), "Invidia" (2005) and "O străină"(2005), making it one of the few Romanian artists extracted five singles from a single album. In 2005 MTV receives a trophy for the best web site. He presented a contrasting picture the musician promoted previously, characterized by black clothes and makeup and a rebellious attitude. The song contains elements of pop rock, showing the development of artistic, removing a total of teen pop.
The album Andreea B has produced two singles: "Nu știu să fiu numai pentru tine" (feat. Keo), nominated for "Best Hit - Featuring" the Romanian Top Hits. and "Prinde-mă, aprinde-mă!" designated "gay song of the year" Gala Gay Awards 2007. "Prinde-mă, aprinde-mă!" is the most watched video of the artist on YouTube, with over 2.8 million of hits.
Dancing and return to dance music (2008 - present)
Balan was co-opted to participate in the third season of Dansez pentru tine, broadcast on PRO TV in spring 2007. The evolution of the pair along show was acclaimed by audiences and the jury, topping -it ultimately place 3. the team participated in the "League winners'" season especially dedicated to the best in the history of the competition, which took place in spring 2008, winning first place. Following appearance in the show Dansez pentru tine, her career took her on the rise.
Between the two editions, she was selected to participate in PRO TV International version of Dansez pentru tine entitled Dancing Around the World. It was held in Mexico, and Balan participated alongside Petrişor Rudge, partner during her Dansez pentru tine broadcasts. The pair was ranked 2, host country, and enjoyed great popularity among the Mexican public, received a contract from EMI Music for to record an album.
On June 28, 2009, a new single, "God" was released exclusively on Kiss FM. "Trippin'" (2010) became one of the most popular singles of the artist drawn on, becoming the first Top 40 hit of it in Romanian Top 100 in five years. Balan played the song "Trippin'"in several events including the final of Miss Universe Romania (2010) and at the ninth edition of Romanian Music Awards. The song contains elements of dance music combined with elements of popcorn music, a musical style intensely broadcast on Romanian radio at the time. Balan said that this kind of approach to stay relevant in the music industry.
The song "Like a Bunny" was released on May 13, 2011 on his YouTube account, the prohibited minors because the image used to promote, they presence Balan in bathing suit, reminiscent of a Playboy Playmate. On June 8, 2011, released "Loving" in collaboration with Andra, Connect-R and Puya. In October 2011 argues that there is a reunion of the band thinks Andrè, because they could not handle solo. In 2012 launched the single "Money Love", which was an indecent promotion. Holds several shows including Dancing Show, Bunny Show, Beach Party and Christmas Party. In October 2012 launched the twenty-fifth video of his career, "Mă doare fără tine". In August 2013, the Carnival Show, Andreea Balan launches song "Things U do 2 me" in collaboration with Mike Diamondz. Consistently held concerts around the country.
Image and musical style
Over time, Balan has adopted several musical styles, and appreciated especially for music and image change in an attempt to adapt to new trends. The album Superwoman visibly distanced from other recordings of it, containing elements samba music, rock and roll and jive, finalizing her image as a soloist dancer.
- Andreea Balan
In 2004 she moved from the parental home Balan Ploiesti to Bucharest, where she met Teo Păcurar. In 2005 the two were engaged, both tattooed an engagement ring on the ring finger. The couple broke up in 2006 because he wanted Balan to move in with him in Bistrita, town where his parents lived. Shortly after the breakup, the singer appeared at social events with Keo, who helped her overcome separation from Păcurar, then became lovers. Although often appeared rumors that the two were separated, they were belied, proved unfounded.
Reaction to the tabloids
Balan is a frequent presence in the tabloids, so that the often mentioned as very upsetting, because a mind lies not only written, but her artistic activity is ignored to present unfounded rumors and promotion of non-values. A dispute arose between the singer and TV presenter Happy Hour at PRO TV, Cătălin Măruță, in late April 2010. Invited to the show, it has presented the views critical of newspapers Romanian socialite and TV presenter to:
which made him say that in fact it does not support the criticism, accusing her of being hysterical and suffering from delusions of persecution. The conflict continued for a short period, the two criticizing each other in the press, on various occasions, culminating in blocking Balan's appearance in a special edition of the show Dansez pentru tine.
- La Întâlnire (1999)
- Noapte de Vis (1999)
- Prima Iubire (2000)
- Am Să-mi Fac De Cap (2000)
- The Best Of (2001)
- O Noapte Și-o Zi (2001)
|2002||"Te joci cu mine"||—||Te joci cu mine||—|
|2002||"Liberă din nou"||Dragoș Buliga||Liberă din nou||—|
|2003||"Plâng de dor"||Dragoș Buliga||Liberă din nou||—|
|2003||"Nopți de vară"||—||Liberă din nou||—|
|2004||"Aparențe"||—||Așa sunt eu!||—|
|2004||"Oops, eroare!"||—||Așa sunt eu!||—|
|2005||"Evadez"||—||Așa sunt eu!||—|
|2005||"Invidia"||—||Așa sunt eu!||—|
|2005||"O străină"||Dragoș Buliga||Așa sunt eu!||—|
|2006||"Nu știu să fiu numai pentru tine"||—||Andreea B||—|
|2007||"Prinde-mă, aprinde-mă!"||Dragoș Buliga||Andreea B||—|
|2008||"Baby Get Up and Dance"||Dragoș Buliga||SuperWoman||—|
|2011||"Crazy About You"||Alex Ceaușu||—||—|
|2011||"Like a Bunny"||Alex Ceaușu||—||— |
|2012||"Money Love"||Alex Ceaușu||—||—|
|2012||"Mă doare fără tine"||Alex Ceaușu||—||— |
|2013||"Things u do 2 me" (feat. Mike Diamondz)||Alex Ceaușu||—||—|
|2013||"Iubi" (feat. Sonny Flame)||Ciprian Strugariu||—||— |
|2014||"Decor" (feat. Criss Blaziny)||Ciprian Strugariu & Criss Blaziny||—||— |
|2014||"Super Soaker" (feat. Skinny Fabulous & Monsta Riot)||Anthony Icuagu||—||— |
|2015||"Throw your Money" (feat. Drei Ross)||Matei Dima||—||— |
- Andre's biography on Muzica Acasa
- Andreea Balan on Sanatatea.com
- Andreea Balan on Starclub
- Andreea Balan on Time4music[permanent dead link]
- Balan's biography on Muzica Acasa
- Band Andre's interview on Zoom
- About band Andre on Musicmix, archived from the original on 2009-02-21
- "Andre - Nu ma uita" on TVR Bingo
- Band Andre on Starmania
- Band Andre on rt100
- Andreea Balan on Showbiz, archived from the original on 2014-11-05, retrieved 2014-11-05
- Balan vs Antonescu
- Band Andre in Click magazine[permanent dead link]
- Top 100 songs that have broken Romania in two
- Andre's first concetr in 1998, archived from the original on 2009-12-03
- Andreea Balan and fashion, archived from the original on 2009-10-23
- Andre - Libera la mare on Apropo TV
- Andreea Balan - Press contributed to destroying the band Andre
- Mihai Bendeac: "Andre was dressed like prostitutes in the Ring", archived from the original on 2009-03-12, retrieved 2014-11-05
- Andreea Balan: Photos and Info Andreea Balan on Showbiz, archived from the original on 2010-03-30, retrieved 2014-11-08
- FlashBack:Andreea Balan, archived from the original on 2014-01-11
- Romanian Top Hits on Bacaul
- About Gay Awards, archived from the original on 2014-11-08
- Andreea Balan - Trippin' (video) on ZRecords, archived from the original on 2011-06-02
- Dansez pentru tine, archived from the original on 2012-06-29
- Andreea Balan - Dansez pentru tine, archived from the original on 2010-11-24
- Andreea Balan: Child will make 30 years. So I scheduled!
- Cosmopolitan, May 2009[permanent dead link]
- Andreea Balan - Succes mexican
- Andreea Balan, succes in Mexico
- Andreea Balan si Petrisor au castigat locul 2 la "Bailando por el mundo", archived from the original on 2011-05-15
- Andreea Balan pregnant Mexico wants to do curettage!, archived from the original on 2010-06-24
- Andreea Balan in Mexico
- Andreea Balan in Mexico
- Andreea Balan: It's embarrassing to be judged by the voice from 13 years, archived from the original on 2011-12-08, retrieved 2014-11-09
- Andreea Balan - Money Love
- Andreea Balan in studio Kiss FM
- Andreea Balan newest single released exclusively on Kiss FM
- Most Wanted 24, archived from the original on 2014-11-09
- Romania Airplay Top 100 - 04/07/2010[permanent dead link]
- Miss Universe Romania 2010 is a former ballroom dance champion
- Connect-R reacted Romanian Music Awards 2010: "I'm a gypsy"
- Andreea Balan, too sexy for minors
- "Loving" in premier on Pro FM, archived from the original on 2011-08-15
- Andreea Balan: "A reunion Andre I would 'cannibalize' solo projects"
- "money-love"/ Andreea Balan naked for new video "Love Money"
- Andreea Balan - Ma doare fara tine
- Andreea Balan - Things U Do 2 Me (backstage)
- Official website of Andrea Balan, see Concerts
- Andreea Balan between Love and God[permanent dead link]
- "acum_mi-am_gasit_drumul".html Andreea Balan: "Now I found my way"
- Andreea Balan: erotic show or bizarre?, archived from the original on 2014-11-12, retrieved 2014-11-12
- Stars and bad taste
- "Dancing show" Andreea Balan has raised hundreds of people in the mall in Baia Mara, archived from the original on 2014-11-12, retrieved 2014-11-12
- Andreea Balan - It's embarrassing to be judged by the voice from 13 years, archived from the original on 2011-12-08, retrieved 2014-11-09
- Andreea Balan has "broken all" Happy Hour! (Photos and video)
- Andreea Balan not posing naked for all the money in the world
- Andreea? love with Keo, archived from the original on 2008-11-15, retrieved 2014-11-16
- Andreea Balan tattoo hides his former engagements, archived from the original on 2014-03-06
- Andreea Balan
- A new couple: Andreea Balan & Keo, archived from the original on 2014-03-01
- Andreea left him (Teo Păcurar) on Keo
- Andreea Balan & Keo not split and want a holiday in France, archived from the original on 2009-03-30
- Adventure with a detective
- Interview Balan on Tabu.ro, archived from the original on 2009-10-28, retrieved 2014-11-16
- Andreea Balan is taken too seriously, archived from the original on 2012-09-08, retrieved 2014-11-16
- Andreea Balan is taken Măruţă: "You've changed for the audience, Cătălin!"
- Măruţă about Andreea Balan: "Some characters out of warranty"
- Andreea Balan: "Măruţă crosses the line"
- Balan: "Măruţă can further away, exceeded the limits of common sense "
- Andreea Balan: "Because of Măruţă I participated in "Dansez"
- Andreea Balan - Like a Bunny (Official Music Video 2011)
- Andreea Balan - Ma doare fara tine (Official Video 2012)
- Andreea Balan - IUBI feat. Sonny Flame (Official Video 2013)
- Andreea Balan DECOR feat Criss Blaziny
- Andreea Balan SUPER SOAKER feat Skinny Fabulous & Monsta Riot
- Andreea Balan - Rece
- Andreea Balan - Trippin (videoclip 2010), archived from the original on 2011-09-12, retrieved 2014-11-12