|Permanent Representative of Belarus to the United Nations|
|Assumed office |
13 December 2011
27 August 2004 – 4 February 2011
|Preceded by||Sergey Ling|
|Succeeded by||Zoya Kolontai (chargée d'affaires a.i.)|
|Born||11 April 1963|
|Spouse(s)||Olga Dapkiunas (Lichač)|
Andrei Dapkiunas (Belarusian: Андрэй Дапкюнас, born 11 April 1963, Minsk) is a Belarusian diplomat. From 2004 he has been Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary and the Permanent Representative of Belarus to the United Nations. Vice-President of the United Nations Economic and Social Council, ECOSOC (2008). President of the Executive Board of the UN Children's Fund, UNICEF (2006). Member of the Executive Board of the International Association of Permanent Representatives to the United Nations. In 2011 he was briefly withdrawn from his position as ambassador to the UN following allegations of a link to one of opposition candidates in the presidential election.
Before the posting to the United Nations in 2004, he served in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Belarus, including as Director of the Americas Department. He holds a political science degree from the Belarusian State University (1991) and a degree in languages (English and French) from the Minsk State Institute for Foreign Languages (1985). Alumnus of the London School of Economics and Political Science (Research Fee student, 1989–1990). He is fluent in English, French and Polish.
He is married to Olga Dapkiunas (Lichač), with a daughter, Alena, and a son, Hleb.
- "IAPR Board". 9 June 2017 – via International Association of Permanent Representatives to the United Nations.
- "From Dapkiunas to Latushka - All Belarusian Ambassadors: Who Are They?". 7 December 2015 – via Naša Niva.
- Official UN biography ‹See Tfd›(in English)
- UNICEF Executive Board President visits the Central African Republic
- Annual 2006 session of the Executive Board of UNICEF
- Permanent Representative of Belarus speaks in the general debate at the 63rd session of the UN General Assembly
- Press conference on the UN General Assembly dialogue on renewable sources of energy
- Joint press conference of Ambassadors of Belarus and Egypt on the global plan of action against human trafficking