Portrait Andrei Ivanovitch
Biography and career
Andrei Ivanovitch, great-grandson of the Romanian composer Ion Ivanovici (The Waves of the Danube), studied at the Central Music School, at the Leningrad Conservatory, at the Music Academy in Moscow and at the Musical College in Karlsruhe. He won several prizes in international competitions, amongst others he won the gold medal at the World Piano Competition in Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S.. The specialised press compares him to Dinu Lipatti and Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli. Since 2003, he is honorary member of the Chopin Society. His numerous concerts in Europe earned him the reputation of being one of the great Interpreters of Russian piano music. The Canadian film Glenn Gould: The Russian Journey with Ivanovitch interpreting The Art of Fugue by Johann Sebastian Bach was awarded with the Grand at the International Festival of Films on Art in Montreal[not in citation given]. During his Germany tours he always gave guest performances at Hummer's Culture Parlour  in Soßmar (whose owner, Gerhard Hummer, he's been friends with for several years), which made him a great following in this region. During his tour in 2007, he met the classical pianist Eyran Katsenelenbogen in the Hummer's Culture Parlour  in Soßmar, in order to create a new kind of piano concerts.
- Kulturring Peine
- Hummer's Culture Parlour, October 5th, 2007 (english)
- Peiner Allgemeine Zeitung, October 6th, 2007 (german)
- Peiner Allgemeine Zeitung, October 8th, 2007 (german)
- Peiner Allgemeine Zeitung, October 14th, 2007 (german)
- Calenberger Cultour & Co.
- Any comments by the international press
- 1999: various artists Best of Mozart CD (1 of 8 tracks)
- 1999: various artists Best of Chopin - Grande Valse Brilliante, Barcarole, etc. CD (8 of 11 tracks)
- 2000: Ivanovitch & De Luca Chopin: Piano Concertos
- 2001: various artists Monet Collection - Romantic Moments CD (1 of 29 tracks)
- 2002: various artists 50 Classical Performances - Romantic Piano CD (24 of 50 tracks)
- "pianist Andrei Ivanovitch". Official site. Retrieved 2007-10-20.
- List of winners of College in Karlsruhe[permanent dead link] (PDF) (German)
- See also on Rules, Regulations and Applications of The World Piano Competition Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S. Archived January 10, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. (PDF)
- Awards - Glenn Gould: The Russian Journey. Internet Movie Database. Retrieved on 2007-10-20.
- Interview with Andrei at time-index 03:15
- Montréal International Festival of Films on Art: 2003. Retrieved on 2007-10-26
- Michael Schröder (October 6, 2007). "Pianisten verschmelzen die Welt der Musik". Peiner Allgemeine Zeitung (in German). Archived from the original on September 6, 2012. Retrieved 2007-10-20.