Andrej Rozman during his stage performance Zaničniško odmaševanje (Rozinteater) in 2012
25 May 1955|
Ljubljana, Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (now in Slovenia)
|Occupation||writer, poet, actor and translator|
|Notable works||Uganke 100+1, Črvive pesmi|
Prešeren Foundation Award |
2010 for his theatre and literary work
1999 for Črvive pesmi
2009 for 100 + 1 uganka
Andrej Rozman (a.k.a. Roza, born 25 May 1955) is a Slovene poet, writer, actor, and street theatre producer. He writes poems and creates plays for children and also writes satirical poetry for adults.
Life and work
Rozman was born in Ljubljana in 1955. He abandoned his study of Slovene language and literature at University of Ljubljana to set up a small theatre group in 1978. In 1980s he co-founded a street theatre group, Ana Monró Theatre and was its director between 1982 and 1995. He was co-writer of the low-budget TV comedy Vrtičkarji (2000), but left after the first thirteen episodes, disappointed by the production. Since 2003 he has run his own theatre company Rozinteater.
Rozman won the Levstik Award in 1999 for Črvive pesmi (Worm-Ridden Poems) and again in 2009 for 100 + 1 uganka (100 + 1 Riddles).
- S smetano nad jagode (Taking the Cream into the Strawberries), poems and short stories, 1989
- Od talija do torija, theatre scripts, 1991
- Rimanice za predgospodiče (Rhymes for Pre-misses), poems for children, 1993
- Mihec, duh in uganka (Little Miha, the Gost and the Riddle), poem for children, 1996
- Je že vredu mama (It's Alright Mum), poems, 1997
- Črvive pesmi (Worm-ridden Poems), poetry for children, 1998
- Krava, ki jo je pasel Mihec (The Cow Little Miha Looked After), poetry for children, 1999
- Josip Vandot: Kekec in Pehta, adaptation of Josip Vandot's story, 2000
- Mali rimski cirkus (The Little Roman Circus), poetry for children, 2001
- Balon velikan (The Giant Balloon), fairytale, 2001
- Rdeča žaba, zlat labod (Red Frog, Golden Swan), children's book, 2001
- Josip Vandot: Kekec in Bedanec, adaptation of Josip Vandot's story, 2001
- Najbolj dolgočasna knjiga na svetu (The Most Boring Book in the World), children's book, 2002
- Uganke (Riddles), poetry for children, 2002
- Josip Vandot: Kekec in Prisank, adaptation of Josip Vandot's story, 2002
- Razmigajmo se v križu (Let's Exercise), poems, 2003
- Marela (Umbrella), poetry for children, 2005
- Tih bot dedi (Shut Up Grandpa), poetry for children, 2005
- SMS poezija (SMS Poetry), poetry, 2006
- Mihec gre prvič okrog sveta (Michael's First Trip Around the World), children's book, 2006
- Kako je Oskar postal detektiv/How Oscar Became a Detective, short stories for children (bilingual), 2007
- "Slovene Writers' Association site". Slovene writers' portal (in Slovenian). DSP Slovene Writers' Association. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Ana Monró Theatre group site
- "Andrej Rozman - Roza, dramatik, pesnik in igralec". RTV Slovenija (in Slovenian). Retrieved 2015-10-04.
- Galerija Prešernovih Nagrajencev Kranj site
- Slovenian Ministry of Culture, complete list of Prešeren Foundation Awards recipients[permanent dead link]