|Full name||Andrew Boston|
|Date of birth||23 March 1994|
|Place of birth||Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia|
|Original team(s)||Broadbeach (NEAFL)|
|Draft||No. 55, 2013 Rookie Draft, Gold Coast|
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Weight||79 kg (174 lb)|
|Position(s)||Small forward, Midfielder|
|2013–2015||Gold Coast||16 (10)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2015.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Andrew Boston (born 23 March 1994) is a former professional Australian rules footballer who played for the Gold Coast Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL). He was selected with the 55th pick in the 2013 rookie draft.
Boston was born and raised on the Gold Coast, where he attended Helensvale State High School. His father, Neil, is the former senior coach of the Broadbeach Cats. Boston grew up supporting the West Coast Eagles.
Boston played his junior football at the Broadbeach Australian Football Club from the under 14s level. He progressed his way through the junior ranks to solidify a place in the Broadbeach seniors team in 2011. Following graduation from high school, Boston began training six days a week in an attempt to be drafted by an AFL club at the end of the 2012 season. His hard work was rewarded when he was selected to represent Queensland in the 2012 AFL Under 18 Championships. His outstanding performance in the Championships saw him named in the All-Australian team.
Boston was invited to attend the 2012 AFL Combine and became the first player in history to register a perfect score in the goal kicking test. Leading into the 2012 AFL Draft, fourteen clubs showed interest in Boston but he was overlooked on the day. However, Boston was rookie drafted as an academy graduate by the Gold Coast in December.
He announced his retirement in November 2015, citing he lacked the passion to play at the elite level.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Greenwood, Emma (12 December 2012). "Suns rookies grab the chance to impress". goldcoast.com.au.
- Stannard, Damien (20 November 2012). "Game rules the life of top Queensland draft prospect Andrew Boston". news.com.au.
- "Andrew Boston hopeful of being drafted". Sunshine Coast Daily. 22 November 2012.
- Perfect score for Boston at AFL Combine
- Davidson, Brad (28 June 2013), "Boston makes the grade", goldcoast.com.au
- Stafford, Andrew (2 September 2013). "Gold Coast records biggest ever win as Giants farewell Sheedy".
- Cherney, Daniel (2 November 2014). "Gold Coast Suns lose another with youngster Andrew Boston deciding to retire". The Age. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 2 November 2015.
- "Andrew Boston". AFL Tables. Retrieved 22 August 2016.