Andrew Burke (poet)
Andrew Burke in 2012
Andrew Burke (born 1944 in Melbourne, Victoria) is a contemporary Australian poet.
Early in his working life, Burke pursued a career in advertising as a copywriter and Creative Director, switching to academia as a literature and creative writing lecturer in middle age. He has lectured in Australia and China, and read his poetry to audiences of all ages in the United Kingdom, Singapore, China, and throughout Australia.
His poetry has been included in Western Australian and Australian anthologies.
- 1975 Let's face the music & dance 
- 1983 On the tip of my tongue Fremantle, W.A.:Fremantle Arts Centre Press (Shoreline poetry series number 6) ISBN 0-909144-75-3
- 1992 Mother waits for father late Fremantle, W.A.: Fremantle Arts Centre Press, ISBN 1-86368-014-4
- 1996 Pushing at silence Applecross, W.A.: Folio (Salt), ISBN 0-646-29751-1
- 2001 Whispering Gallery Cottesloe, W.A.: Sunline Press, ISBN 0-9579515-0-7
- 2003 Knock on wood : and other poems Warners Bay, N.S.W. : Picara Press, Wagtail (series), 1444-8424; 18
- 2009 Beyond City Limits International Centre for Landscape and Language, Edith Cowan University, Mt Lawley, W.A. ISBN 978-0-646-52005-6
- 2011 Blue Rose Etext Press ISBN 978-1-921968-09-9 also found at Smashwords – 
- 2011 Qwerty : take my word for it Kalgoorlie, W.A. :Mulla Mulla Press ISBN 978-0-9870771-2-7
- 2012 Shikibu Shuffle with Phil Hall – see http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/new-from-aboveground-press-shikibu.html
- 2012 Undercover of Lightness North Hobart, Tas.: Walleah Press ISBN 978-1-877010-16-3 – 
- 2014 One Hour Seeds Another North Hobart, Tas.: Walleah Press 
- Bladen, Emma Andrew Burke – biography of W.A. poet, Subiaco Post 7 July 1992, p.6 and 55
- Andrew Burke p.10-11 of Veronica Brady editor (1976)Soundings: a selection of Western Australian poetry Fremantle, W.A. : Fremantle Arts Centre Press
- 'Peripatetica' edition of Landscapes Issue 1, Volume 4 of the International Centre for Landscape and Language at Edith Cowan University – "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-19.
- Burke, Andrew; Jennings, Murray (1980), [Poetry of Andrew Burke], retrieved 6 October 2016
- http://rochfordstreetreview.com/2012/08/16/the-ruthless-eye-rae-desmond-jones-reviews-undercover-of-lightness-by-andrew-burke/ Rae Desmond Jones review
- Nathan Hondros reviews One Hour Seeds Another in The Rochford Street Review
- Burke, Andrew (2003), Andrew Burke, Andrew Burke, retrieved 28 January 2012
- Interview with Andrew Burke on The Australian Poetry Podcast
|This biographical article about an Australian poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|