Andrew Campbell (outfielder)
|Born: February 18, 1992|
|Career highlights and awards|
Andrew Thomas Campbell (born 18 February, 1992), nicknamed Soupy, is an Australian professional baseball player for the Mannheim Tornados of the Baseball Bundesliga and the Brisbane Bandits of the Australian Baseball League (ABL). Campbell has played in all Australian Baseball League seasons for Brisbane.
An Ipswich Musketeers junior and senior player, Campbell represented Queensland at various Australia National Youth Championships before making his professional debut with the Brisbane Bandits in the teams first game 11 November, 2010 as a defensive replacement.
In the 2011–12 Australian Baseball League season, Campbell was the runner-up Rookie of the Year after slashing .301/.387/.376 in 26 games.
The Chinese Professional Baseball League invited Campbell and Brisbane and Australian teammate Logan Wade to the 2018 homerun derby where he won the title. His 2018-19 Australian Baseball League season was just as successful, hitting a career best line of .310/.415/.542 en route to the Bandits winning their fourth consecutive ABL Championship.
- Soupy Campbell dines out at plate for the Brisbane Bandits Josh Spasaro The Chronicle 6th Jan 2015 2:31 PM
- ABL’s Campbell wins Home Run Derby; White side wins CPBL All-Star Game Jason Pan Tapei Times Mon, Jul 09, 2018
- "Die Heidenheim Heideköpfe haben – nach dem Abgang von Mitch Nilsson – die zweite Ausländerposition auf dem Feld mit dem Australier Andrew Campbell (#11, OF/IF) gefüllt". Heideköpfe (in German). Retrieved 16 July 2019.
- Baseball Australia Media (20 February 2018). "Team Australia Roster Announced". Baseball Australia Southern Thunder. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
- "National team squad announced for Canberra camp". Baseball Australia Southern Thunder. 18 January 2019. Retrieved 12 March 2019.
TEAM AUSTRALIA CAMP SQUAD
- DAVID PENROSE (8 October 2019). "BORAL TEAM AUSTRALIA'S PREMIER12 ROSTER ANNOUNCED". baseball.com.au. Retrieved 15 October 2019.