Andrew Cassara performing at Canada Day in Barrhaven, ON
|Birth name||Andrew Cassara|
December 12, 1995|
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
|Associated acts||4PointPanic, Steve Gardiner, Guy Fiasco|
Andrew Cassara (born December 12, 1995) is a singer-songwriter from Ottawa, Canada. He was discovered online in 2013 by Steve Gardiner; Founder of Independent Canadian Record label SGMGroupArtists. During the last 5 years, Andrew has dedicated himself to developing his songwriting talent in studio and his live performances. He has become a social media sensation with over 250,000 followers on Twitter. Following his success with his single "Victim", Andrew headlined the YouthXCanada Music tour in 2017 and is currently recording his debut album.
Born and raised in Ottawa, Ontario, Cassara grew up in a suburb located on the east side of Ottawa named Orleans. At the age of 13 while attending École secondaire catholique Béatrice-Desloges he started uploading covers on YouTube onto his channel, racking up several thousand views leading to being on the radar of several music industry insiders.
At the age of 16, Cassara switched from making covers to writing his first song which contributed to getting him ranked #1 on the Reverbnation charts in Canada which lead to signing his first development deal with Producer Steve Gardiner: founder of the record label SGMGroupArtists in Ottawa.
2012–13: I Know EP
Cassara released his debut EP " I Know " in 2013 following the success of his first songs released. After the release, Cassara spent the year promoting his EP by playing festivals, shows and opening for bands in Canada.
Following the release of his first EP in 2013, Cassara spent many years developing his sound exploring different genres with singles such as "New Me No You" catering to Pop/Rock to EDM influenced songs like "Believe (This is For Real). Although being a young emerging artist, Andrew found success supporting Canadian based acts at their shows in Ontario and Quebec.
On June 17, 2017, Cassara was featured on Guy Fiasco's newly released single Time Zones.
Fresh off headlining the YouthXCanada summer tour in 2017, and a record number of performances, Cassara released his single: "Victim" on September 15, 2017. The song gained some popularity online on social media as well as gained some radio airplay on CHR Top 40/Community and College Canadian Radio Stations. With the release of the music video garnering 45,000 views in under a month, Cassara is set to record and co-produce his debut album for possible release in late 2018.
|Title and details|
|I Know EP
- 2013: "Live Your Life"
- 2013: "Taking Chances"
- 2014: "I Know"
- 2015: "That's Some Crazy"
- 2016: "New Me No You"
- 2017: "Victim"
- 2018: "Fever"
|"Time Zones"||2017||N/A||Guy Fiasco|
|"If Anything"||Ecstasy Palm Dreams||4PointPanic|
- Casgar, Stan. "LIFTOFFTour". LIFTOFFTour. Retrieved 19 May 2017.
- Casgar, Stan. "Getting to Know: Ottawa Pop Artist, Andrew Cassara". RiffYou. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Gardiner, Steve. "Pop Singer Andrew Cassara Talks New Music & His Casanovas". 613Style. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- Amir, Zargara. "ANDREW CASSARA: PROFILE + INTERVIEW". Babe&Gents. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- Casgar, Stan. "Farewell Davidson & Andrew Cassara close the Tulip Festival on May 18, 2014". TheRevue. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Murray, Mark. "Plain Tiff And The Defendants // Andrew Cassara // The Sleeping Suns // TOSE". HeyEvent. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Lamarche, Andrew. "Andrew Cassara Show – April 18/15". AndrewLamarche. Retrieved 23 September 2016.
- Wackid, Steph. "Andrew Cassara". YouthXCanada. Retrieved 23 September 2016.