|Born||Ann Arbor, Michigan|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation||Director, Producer, Editor|
Andrew Cohn is an Emmy Award-winning documentary filmmaker originally from Ann Arbor, Michigan. He most recently directed a 6-part documentary series for Starz entitled Warriors of Liberty City, which was executive produced by Lebron James. His film, Night School, premiered at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival, was supported by a MacArthur grant and was released by Oscilloscope Laboratories. He is the director of the documentary Kid Danny for ESPN Films’ 30 for 30 series and his first film, Medora, went on to win an Emmy for PBS’ Independent Lens series. Cohn’s newest feature, Danny Brown: Live at The Majestic, will be released through Apple Music later this year.
Cohn began his career working for author and This American Life contributor Davy Rothbart at Found Magazine. After graduating from Eastern Michigan University, he found work as a screenwriter in Los Angeles. Cohn finally broke into the non-fiction world with his short film, Dynamic Tom, which was featured on McSweeney's Wholphin collection and his second short film, Chile Road. His doc-short, Destination Park, recently premiered at the 2018 Tribeca Film Festival.
- Dynamic Tom, 2009
- Chile Road, 2011
- Medora, 2013 (with Beachside Films)
- Kid Danny, 2014 (with ESPN Films)
- Night School, 2016
- Danny Brown: Live at the Majestic, 2018
- Destination Park, 2018
- Warriors of Liberty City, 2018 (with Starz)
- "Andrew Cohn (II) IMDB".
- "Starz Greenlights Four Docu-Series, Including LeBron James-Produced 'Warriors of Liberty City'".
- "MacArthur Supports 15 New Documentary Films".
- "Oscilloscope Rounds Out Growing Documentary Slate with 'Night School' and 'Santoalla' — Exclusive".
- "Kid Danny".
- "Independent Lens Wins Two News & Documnentary Emmys".
- "Danny Brown Shares 'Live at The Majestic' Apple Music Concert Documentary Trailer".
- "Five Questions with Medora Directors Andrew Cohn and Davy Rothbart".
- "Dynamic Tom".
- "New Doc Turns the Table on Filmmaker's Friend".
- "Tribeca Online Film Guide".