Andrew Cotter (born 20 July 1973) is a Scottish sports broadcaster working primarily for the BBC, covering mainly golf and rugby, but also tennis, athletics and The Boat Race.
Cotter is from Troon and has a degree in French and Philosophy from the University of Glasgow. He played golf for Scottish Schools and Scottish Universities.
Former BBC positions
- 2000–2004: Commentator on BBC Radio 5 Live covering Golf and Rugby Union
- 2001–2006: Sports presenter on BBC News 24 and BBC World.
- 2008: Commentated on 2008 Summer Olympic Games for BBC Covering Weightlifting and Modern Pentathlon.
- 2011: Main BBC Commentator on the 2011 Australian Open tennis
- 2012: London 2012 Summer Olympics, commentating on Tennis and Canoeing/Kayaking events.
Current BBC positions
- 2011: ESPN Rugby when Nick Mullins was commentating on the Rugby World Cup for ITV
- 2012: Wheelchair Rugby for Channel 4 Paralympic Coverage
- 2010–2014: Sky Sports Red Button commentary of the Heineken Cup
- 2014–present: Pool Stage commentator for BT Sport European Rugby Champions Cup & European Rugby Challenge Cup