Andrew Dick (wrestler)
|Full name||Andrew Adibo Dick|
|Born||11 May 1976|
Abeokuta, Ogun, Nigeria
|Weight||84 kg (185 lb)|
|Coached by||Daniel Igali|
Andrew Adibo Dick (born 11 May 1976 in Abeokuta, Ogun) is an amateur freestyle wrestler from Nigeria, who competes in the men's light heavyweight category. At the age of thirty-six, Dick made his Olympic debut in the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, where he competed in the 84 kg class in men's freestyle wrestling. He lost his first match in the preliminary round to Puerto Rico's Jaime Espinal, with a technical score of 1–9, and a classification score of 1–3. Because Espinal advanced further into the final match against Azerbaijan's Sharif Sharifov, Dick was offered another shot for the bronze medal through the repechage bouts. He withdrew from the competition because of a serious injury, allowing his opponent Dato Marsagishvili of Georgia to qualify directly for the bronze medal bout.
- "Andrew Adibo Dick". London 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Andrew Dick". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "Adibo Dick makes it four for London". Nigerian Olympic Committee. Archived from the original on 6 January 2014. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "Men's 84kg Freestyle Round of 16 Finals". London 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
- "Men's 84kg Freestyle Repechage Round 2". London 2012. Retrieved 11 December 2012.
|This biographical article relating to a Nigerian sport wrestler or wrestling coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|