|Born||25 September 1953|
|Years of service||1973 - 2008|
|Commands held||1st Bn the Green Howards
15th Infantry Brigade
5th Infantry Division
|Awards||Commander of the Order of the British Empire|
Educated at Pocklington School, the University of Sheffield and the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, Farquhar was commissioned into the Green Howards in 1973. He became Commanding Officer of 1st Bn the Green Howards in 1994. He was appointed Commander of 15th Infantry Brigade in 2000, Deputy Commanding General of the Multi-National Force – Iraq in 2004 and General Officer Commanding 5th Division in 2005 before retiring in 2008.
Civic and charitable role
In retirement he became a management consultant. He is also a Deputy Lieutenant of Staffordshire. He is a board member of the Snowdon Trust, founded by the Earl of Snowdon, which provides grants and scholarships for students with disabilities. 
- Burke's Peerage
- "No. 46132". The London Gazette (Supplement). 19 November 1973. p. 13770.
- Army Commands Archived 5 July 2015 at the Wayback Machine.
- Friends of the Staffordshire & West Midlands (North Sector) Army Cadet Force Trust Archived 16 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- Staffordshire County Council Archived 30 August 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Our board". The Snowdon Trust.
|Deputy Commanding General Multi-National Corps – Iraq
|General Officer Commanding the 5th Division