United Kingdom December 17, 1946
|Alma mater||University of Wales, Cardiff|
|Occupation||Non-Executive Chairman of BG Group|
Andrew Frederick James Gould (born 17 December 1946) is a British businessman, the former chairman and CEO of Schlumberger. Following his retirement from Schlumberger Ltd., Gould is serving as non-executive chairman of the British oil company BG Group.
Gould retired from his role of chief executive officer on 1 August 2011 and served as chairman until the company's annual shareholder meeting in April 2012. Gould served as the CEO of Schlumberger from February 2003 to August 2011. Prior to that appointment, he held the position of executive vice president, Schlumberger Oilfield Services. In a series of earlier assignments, he was treasurer of Schlumberger Limited, and president of Sedco Forex, Wireline & Testing, and Oilfield Services Products. Gould started his career at Schlumberger in 1975 in the company's Internal Audit department in Paris. Before joining Schlumberger, he had worked for Ernst & Young.
- "Andrew Gould, Schlumberger". Schlumberger. Archived from the original on 2010-02-25.
- "Schlumberger Announces Management Succession, Paris, Jul 21, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE)".
- Rowley, Emma (2011-11-01). "BG Group names former Schlumberger chief Andrew Gould as new chairman". The Daily Telegraph.
- "Andrew Frederick James Gould director information. Free company director check.". www.cbetta.com. Retrieved 2016-04-18.
- "Andrew F. J. Gould BA, FCA - Executive Profile and Biography". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-04-18.
- "Schlumberger CEO to retire; COO to take job". Associated Press. 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2016-04-17 – via Yahoo! News.