|Alma mater||University of Cambridge|
|Occupation||Founder of Fen Research|
|Known for||Co-founder of Jagex|
|Net worth||GBP£ 138 million with Paul Gower (2011)|
Andrew Christopher Gower (born c.1978) is a British computer programmer and businessman. He is the co-founder of Cambridge-based Jagex, the company he founded with Paul Gower and Ian Gower and Constant Tedder. He wrote the MMORPG RuneScape with the assistance of his two brothers, Ian and Paul Gower. In December 2010 he left the Jagex board of directors. He no longer has holdings in the company. As of November 2011, he is not listed under the credits for RuneScape. Since leaving Jagex, Gower has founded a new gaming development and consulting company, Fen Research, of which he holds 90% of the shares. Currently, he is developing a futuristic sci-fi strategy game named Solstrike. Gower has designed a statically-typed programming language to aid in the project's development.
Gower was born in Nottingham, England. He said in the Runescape Documentary (2017) that he first got into programming when he was seven years old. He attended The Becket School and went on to study at Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge. The 2007 Sunday Times Rich List listed Andrew and Paul Gower as the 654th richest entrepreneurs in the UK, worth £113 million. In 2009, the Sunday Times listed them as the 566th richest men, worth an estimated £99 million. The Daily Telegraph also listed Andrew and Paul Gower as the 11th richest young entrepreneurs in the UK.
- Cambridge University Reporter (12 July 2000). "Congregations of the Regent House on 29 June, 30 June, and 1 July 2000". University of Cambridge. Archived from the original on 31 October 2007. Retrieved 14 October 2007.
- "Jagex duo climb rich list with £138m fortune". London: Develop Online. 2010. Archived from the original on 4 July 2010. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- Dodson, Sean (11 December 2003). "Rune to move". The Guardian. London: Guardian Unlimited. Archived from the original on 10 March 2007. Retrieved 25 March 2007.
- Termination of appointment of director Archived 16 July 2011 at the Wayback Machine. (PNG image). OYEZ (10 December 2010) stellardawnmedia.com
- "Jagex: Board of Directors – Businessweek". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- The full Jagex credits list. Jagex.com
- "Fen Research: Software/Games Developer – [Java, C++, Gaming, Startup] – Cambridge". CoderStack. Archived from the original on 17 June 2013. Retrieved 17 December 2012.
- 5:36 Runescape Documentary
- "2007 Sunday Times Rich List: Andrew and Paul Gower". London: The Sunday Times. 2007. Retrieved 27 October 2007.
- "Top 20 websites run by people under 30". RetireAt21. Archived from the original on 20 January 2008. Retrieved 19 January 2008.
- Tomkinson, Martin (February 2008). "The UKs richest young entrepreneurs". London: telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 11 November 2009.