|Sir Andrew Gregory|
|Born||19 November 1957
|Years of service||1981–2016|
|Awards||Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire
Companion of the Order of the Bath
Lieutenant-General Sir Andrew Richard Gregory, KBE, CB (born 19 November 1957) is a retired British Army officer who served as Chief of Defence People. In September 2016, he became Controller SSAFA, The Armed Forces charity. He was appointed Master Gunner, St James's Park from 1 May 2017.
Early life and education
Gregory was commissioned into the Royal Artillery in 1981. As a Brigadier he served in Iraq. Promoted to Major-General in 2007, Gregory was appointed Collocation Implementation Team Leader for the amalgamation of Land Command and Headquarters Adjutant-General at Andover which took place in April 2008. He became Director General, Personnel later that year, Military Secretary in February 2011 and Deputy Chief of the Defence Staff (Personnel and Training) with promotion to lieutenant-general in April 2013. This role has since been re-designated Deputy Chief of the Defence Staff (People).
Gregory retired from the Army on 16 August 2016.
In 2010, Gregory was appointed a Companion of the Order of the Bath (CB). In the 2016 Birthday Honours, he was appointed Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE).
- "No. 61916". The London Gazette (Supplement). 2 May 2017. p. 9030.
- "GREGORY, Lt Gen. Andrew Richard". Who's Who 2016. Oxford University Press. November 2015. Retrieved 19 November 2016.
- "No. 48789". The London Gazette (Supplement). 10 November 1981. p. 14249.
- Major Moneybags The Times, 15 April 2007
- Whitaker's Almanack 2008
- Minutes of Evidence Archived 29 August 2012 at the Wayback Machine. House of Commons, 22 April 2008
- Service Appointments Defence Viewpoints, October 2010
- Ministry of Defence and Tri-Service Senior Appointments Archived 17 November 2015 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Major General Richard Nugee appointed new Chief of Defence People". Ministry of Defence. 12 May 2016. Retrieved 13 May 2016.
- "No. 61677". The London Gazette (Supplement). 16 August 2016. p. 17574.
- "Lieutenant General Sir Andrew Gregory steps down as Chairman of the Board of Trustees". Soldiers Charity. 8 August 2016. Retrieved 3 September 2016.
- "No. 61608". The London Gazette (Supplement). 11 June 2016. p. B6.
Sir William Rollo
|Deputy Chief of the Defence Staff (Personnel and Training)
Sir Timothy Granville-Chapman
St. James's Park
|This biographical article related to the British Army is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|