March 24, 1980 |
Evanston, IL, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||206 lb (93 kg; 14 st 10 lb)|
Tampa Bay Lightning
|NHL Draft||54th overall, 1999
Hutchinson was drafted 54th overall by the Nashville Predators in the 1999 NHL Entry Draft from the CCHA's, Michigan State University. After making his NHL debut with the Predators in the 2003–04 season, Hutchinson was traded by the Predators to the Carolina Hurricanes for a 3rd round pick on July 25, 2005. Hutchinson won the Stanley Cup in 2006 playing with the Carolina Hurricanes appearing in 36 regular season games.
On July 17, 2007, Hutchinson was traded by the Hurricanes along with Joe Barnes and a 3rd round draft pick in 2008 to the New York Rangers in exchange for Matt Cullen. Although he never played a game for the Rangers, Andrew had a superb season in the AHL serving as the Hartford Wolfpack's captain. He led all AHL defensemen in point and assists and ranked third in goals. He was elected to the 2008 AHL First-Team All Star. On April 10, 2008 Hutchinson won the Eddie Shore Award as the AHL's top defenseman for the 2007–08 season.
On July 9, 2008, Hutchinson signed a two-year deal with the Tampa Bay Lightning. He started the 2008–09 season in the AHL playing for Norfolk Admirals. In 20 games Hutch tallied 1 goal and 13 assists with the Admirals. On November 27, 2008, Hutchinson was called up to the Lightning and played in only two games before he was dealt to the Dallas Stars for Lauri Tukonen on November 30, 2008.
On July 7, 2010, Hutchinson signed as a free agent to a one-year contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins. He was assigned to AHL affiliate, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins for the majority of the 2010–11 season, however appeared as an injury recall in 5 games with the Penguins.
On June 30, 2011, on the eve of North American free agency, Hutchinson signed his first contract abroad, signing a one-year deal with Barys Astana of the Russian Kontinental Hockey League. In the 2011–12 season, Hutchinson became a fixture on the blueline of Astana, contributing with 15 points in 53 games. He was then signed to a one-year extension on May 1, 2012.
Andrew is married to Andrea and has 2 children; son Cole and daughter Avery.
Awards and honours
|All-CCHA Second Team||2000-01|
|CCHA Best Defensive Defenseman||2000-01|
|CCHA All-Tournament Team||2001|
|All-CCHA Second Team||2001-02|
|NCAA West Second All-American Team||2001-02|
|Calder Cup Milwaukee Admirals||2003–04|
|Stanley Cup Carolina Hurricanes||2005–06|
|AHL First All-Star Team||2007–08|
|AHL Eddie Shore Award||2007–08|
|1997–98||U.S. National Development Team||U18||59||7||21||28||53||—||—||—||—||—|
|1998–99||Michigan State University||CCHA||37||3||12||15||26||—||—||—||—||—|
|1999–00||Michigan State University||CCHA||42||5||12||17||64||—||—||—||—||—|
|2000–01||Michigan State University||CCHA||42||5||19||24||46||—||—||—||—||—|
|2001–02||Michigan State University||CCHA||39||6||16||22||24||—||—||—||—||—|
|2007–08||Hartford Wolf Pack||AHL||67||18||46||64||66||5||2||2||4||4|
|2008–09||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||2||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Predators trade Hutchinson". milwaukeejournalsentinel.com. 2005-07-25. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- "Cullen returns to Carolina; Rangers gain Hutchinson, Barnes". espn.com. 2007-07-17. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- "Hutchinson signing official". blogs.tampabaylightning.com. 2008-07-09. Archived from the original on 3 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- "Dallas Stars get Andrew Hutchinson from Lightning for Lauri Tukonen". thehockeynews.com. 2008-11-30. Archived from the original on 2 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- "Defender Hutchinson off to Dallas in minor NHL trade". cbc.ca. 2008-11-30. Archived from the original on 4 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-02.
- "Penguins agree to terms with defenseman Andrew Hutchinson". Pittsburgh Penguins. 2010-07-07. Retrieved 2010-10-13.
- "Defenseman Andrew Hutchinson has signed a contract" (in Russian). Barys Astana. 2011-06-30. Retrieved 2011-06-30.
- "Barys sign multiple players to contract extensions" (in Russian). Allhockey.ru. 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2012-05-01.
- "Pittsburgh Penguins media guide". Pittsburgh Penguins. 2010-10-20. Retrieved 2010-10-20.
|Awards and achievements|
|CCHA Best Defensive Defenseman