|Full name||Andrew Jacobson|
|Date of birth||September 25, 1985|
|Place of birth||Palo Alto, California, United States|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|New York City|
|2003–2007||California Golden Bears|
|2014–||New York City||18||(0)|
|2014||→ Stabæk (loan)||12||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of July 13, 2015.
Jacobson is Jewish, and was born in Palo Alto, California. He attended Gunn High School, where he was named 2003 Central Coast Section Player of the Year, and played college soccer at UC Berkeley from 2003 to 2006, where he was named to the all Pac-10 team three times.
Jacobson was the 24th overall pick in the 2008 MLS SuperDraft, and the first pick by D.C. United. However, instead of playing in MLS, Jacobson signed a contract with Lorient of France’s Ligue 1. However, injuries limited his playing time, and he never played a first team game for Les Merlus.
Despite trialling with several clubs in Europe, Jacobson returned to MLS in 2009, and was allocated to the team which originally drafted him, D.C. United. He made his United debut as a substitute in DC's first game of the 2009 MLS season against Los Angeles Galaxy.
After three and a half years served at the Texas club, Jacobson was traded to New York City FC for a third-round pick in the 2016 MLS SuperDraft, becoming only their fifth ever player. As the new expansion club was not due to begin competitive games until 2015, he was immediately loaned out to Stabæk IF of the Tippeligaen in Norway to preserve his match fitness.
- "Sports Shorts," Jewish Sports Review, Volume 9, Number 11, Issue 107, Page 19, January/February 2015.
- suzan berns. "Faces". jweekly.com.
- Union select 10 players in expansion draft
- "Union Trade Andrew Jacobson to FC Dallas". Philadelphia Union.
- "Houston Dynamo vs FC Dallas 05-29-2011 – Recap". MLSsoccer.com.
- "Andrew Jacobson joins NYCFC". July 29, 2014. Retrieved July 29, 2014.