|Education||Horace Mann School|
|Alma mater||New York University|
|Occupation||Painter, sculptor, filmmaker, writer, producer, photographer, actor|
|Known for||Photographic sculpting, painting|
|Home town||Manhattan, New York, U.S.|
Katherine Jenkins (m. 2014)
Levitas was born in New York City. He attended Horace Mann School and then Dalton School in Manhattan. In high school, Levitas became a member of the downtown repertory company, City Kids, as well as a published writer. After graduating from the Dalton School, he attended New York University. He graduated in 2000 with a degree from the Gallatin School of NYU. He is Jewish.
In addition to a growing list of American and international gallery exhibitions, Levitas’ work has garnered attention through top auction houses, museums, and art fairs. 2012 highlights include a solo exhibition Metalwork Photograph: Sculptures at Phillips de Pury in Manhattan, as well as a ten-year retrospective Andrew Levitas: A Brief Survey 2002-2012 at New York University. 2014 highlights include the first solo exhibition ever presented at the highly anticipated Phillips, Berkeley square which included examples of Levitas’s earlier two-dimensional artwork in which he successfully fused metalwork and photography, as well as examples of the artist’s more recent works depicting crumpled sheets and three-dimensional freestanding installations, all made in his distinctive and innovative style.
In 2004 Levitas burst onto the art scene with his "Metalwork Experiment." Developed by the artist, Metalwork Photography photographic sculptures are formed by a process involving the transfer of photographs onto custom transparencies that are in turn melted onto hand detailed sheets. The result is a work that combines the imagery of a photograph with the presence of a sculpture. While these works are printed as editions, they function as unique objects since each print differs, depending on the level of hand tooling.
Levitas’ installations are each composed of multi-paneled interlocking metal sheets whose collective impact transcends their individual materiality. The works’ strength is derived from their dual draw as photographs and sculptures, existing in an alternate dimension that intrigues and engages the eye. Accordingly, the artist emphasized the duplicitous nature of his art, stating that works are about "the beauty we discard and the filth we treasure." Other works included in the exhibition are crumpled sheets of metal that resonate with John Chamberlain’s mangled installations, inspired by the action Abstract Expressionist paintings that typified the Post-War New York School. However, as opposed to Chamberlain’s incorporation of readymades, Levitas’s creation and subsequent disfiguration of his own artwork adds a performative twist to his artwork that situates it at the vanguard of contemporary art.  The result is a work that combines the imagery of a photograph with the presence of a sculpture. While these works are printed as editions, they function as unique objects since each print differs, depending on the level of hand tooling.
Levitas’ "organic abstractions" (paintings built from home made pigments, canvas, and organic materials – in some cases entire trees) have also received critical acclaim. The work, often reflective of Los Angeles life, is in part a commentary on emotion and the way we choose to express ourselves, as well as the ways in which we insulate ourselves from essential truth. The work also stresses a larger discourse on nature, the organic and its place in the contemporary world. It was with this body of work that in December 2008, Levitas was honored as one of only a handful of American painters ever accepted to the prestigious Société Nationale des Beaux-Arts since its founding in the 1860s.
In 2015, Levitas created the CUBA X LEVITAS as part of an artist collaboration with the skate brand Supra 
Levitas is the founder of Metalwork Pictures a media production company which develops, produces, and finances original content. Titles include Georgetown (Christoph Waltz, Vanessa Redgrave, Annette Benning), The White Crow (Ralph Fiennes), Farming (Kate Beckinsale, Gugu Mbatha-Raw), Flower (Zoey Deutch), At Any Price (Dennis Quaid, Zac Efron), Affluenza (Nicola Peltz), and The Art of Getting By (Emma Roberts, Freddie Highmore). In 2017, Levitas launched film finance entity Rogue Black.
Levitas’ feature film directorial debut LULLABY, from his own screenplay, stars Academy Award Nominees Amy Adams, Richard Jenkins, Terrence Howard, and Anne Archer, Academy Award Winner Jennifer Hudson, as well as Garrett Hedlund, and Jessica Brown-Findlay. The film, an exploration of patients’ rights, was described by Pete Hammond (Deadline) as a "strong human drama" with "Jenkins a true actor's actor, delivering a very Oscar-worthy supporting turn."
Levitas is also a part-time faculty member at New York University, teaching a course on "The Artist's Mind".
Since October 2013, Levitas has been in a relationship with Welsh classical-crossover singer Katherine Jenkins. The pair were engaged in April 2014, and married at Hampton Court Palace on September 27, 2014. Jenkins gave birth to the couple's first child, a daughter named Aaliyah Reign Levitas, on September 30, 2015. The baby weighed in at 7lb. With his wife, Levitas wrote the song "8 Nights of Joy," which was recorded at Abbey Road Studios and was on her album "Home Sweet Home," which went to number one on the charts 
Levitas is the Global Patron for the Wilderness Foundation 
- Untitled Ramin Bahrani Project (2011) (co-producer)
- Great Neck (2013) (producer)
- Regular Boy (2014) (producer)
- Below the Surface (2011) (producer)
- The Art of Getting By (2011) (executive producer)
- Bad Actress (2011) (co-executive producer)
- Searching for Glitter (2009) (completed) (associate producer)
- Innocence (2014) (producer)
- Affluenza (2014) (Executive Producer)
- Against All Enemies (TBA) (producer)
- Flower (2017) (executive producer)
- The White Crow (2018) (producer)
- Farming (2018) (producer)
- My Zoe (2019) (producer)
- Last Moment of Clarity (2019) (producer)
- Georgetown (2019) (producer)
- The Art of Getting By .... (2011)
- Holy Rollers (2010) .... David
- The Box (2009/I) .... Black Op
- Entourage .... Gregg (1 episode, 2009)
- Friendly Fire (2006) (V)
- Beauty Shop (2005) .... Stacy
- Hellbent (2004) .... Chaz
- North Shore .... Reese (1 episode, 2004)
- It's All Relative .... Eddie Donovan (1 episode, 2003)
- Psycho Beach Party (2000) .... Provoloney
- Boy Meets World .... Luther (1 episode, 1999)
- Party of Five .... Cameron Welcott (6 episodes, 1999)
- The Nanny .... Michael (4 episodes, 1998–1999)
- Nick Freno: Licensed Teacher .... Marco Romero (21 episodes, 1997–1998)
- In & Out (1997) .... Locker Room Guy
- "Andrew Levitas". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "'Lullaby' Director Andrew Levitas on Emotional Acting". Backstage.com. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "PHILLIPS : Press". phillips.com. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Play Boys". NYMag.com. Retrieved 2018-02-22.
- "Katherine Jenkins is studying Judaism for fiancé Andrew Levitas - Daily Mail Online". Mail Online. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- https://www.myphillipsdepury.com/auctions/lot-detail.aspx?sn=NY040210&search=&p=28&order=1&lotnum=335[permanent dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-15. Retrieved 2010-12-31.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-07-16. Retrieved 2011-01-07.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "A Wrap and an Opening - WSJ". WSJ. 12 July 2012. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Andrew Levitas' Heavy Metal - Anthem Magazine". anthemmagazine.com. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Multi-Talented Artist Shows Two Projects This Summer". hamptons-magazine.com. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-16. Retrieved 2010-12-30.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Andrew Levitas". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "SUPRA Footwear - The Andrew Levitas Capsule Collection". SUPRA Footwear. Archived from the original on 3 October 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- NYU Web Communications. "Course Detail > Courses > Academics > NYU Gallatin". nyu.edu. Archived from the original on 1 October 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- Alison Sanders (21 April 2014). "Katherine Jenkins thanks well-wishers for their congratulations on her 'engagement' to Andrew Levitas - Wales Online". walesonline. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Katherine Jenkins engaged to director Andrew Levitas". BBC News. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- Rachel Mainwaring (28 September 2014). "The picture of elegance: Katherine Jenkins poses with her husband Andrew Levitas on their wedding day". walesonline. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Presto Classical - 8 Nights Of Joy - Decca: 4707054 (download) - Buy online". prestoclassical.co.uk. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "About - Patrons & Ambassadors - Wilderness Foundation". wildernessfoundationglobal.org. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Innocence". Internet Movie Database. 2014-06-08. Retrieved 2014-06-08.