Andrew M. Bruckner
|Andrew M. Bruckner|
Andrew Bruckner in 1991
Photo courtesy MFO
December 17, 1932 |
|Institutions||University of California, Santa Barbara|
|Alma mater||University of California, Los Angeles|
He got his PhD in mathematics from University of California, Los Angeles (1959) on the dissertation Minimal Superadditive Extensions of Superadditive Functions advised by John Green (mathematician). He joined the faculty at University of California, Santa Barbara. The "Andy Award" is given annually in his name, to significant contributors to real analysis.
- Differentiation of real functions (American Mathematical Society, 1994)
- Real analysis (1997). With Judith B. Bruckner and Brian S. Thomson.
- Elementary real analysis (2001). With B. Thomson and J. Bruckner.
- R.R. Bowker Company. Database Publishing Group (2009). American Men & Women of Science. 1. Thomson/Gale. ISBN 9781414433011. Retrieved 2014-11-30.
- entry at Mathematics Genealogy Project
- List of Fellows of the American Mathematical Society, retrieved 2012-11-10.
- classicalrealanalysis.com has online book
|This article about an American mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|