|Date of birth||20 March 1992|
|Original team(s)||Dandenong Stingrays|
|Height||191 cm (6 ft 3 in)|
|Weight||86 kg (190 lb)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2014.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
McInnes plays primarily as a defender. Originally from Victoria, McInnes played junior football for the Devon Meadows Football Club in Casey-Cardinia, and played TAC Cup football for the Dandenong Stingrays. He represented Vic Country at the 2010 AFL Under 18 Championships.
McInnes was recruited by the Carlton Football Club with a fourth round selection in the 2010 AFL National Draft (No. 67 overall). He was given guernsey number 26. He played the entire 2011 season and the first half of the 2012 season with Carlton's VFL-affiliate, the Northern Bullants (known as the Blues from 2012), before making his AFL debut in Round 15, 2012 against Collingwood. He held his place in the team for the next two months, impressing with reliable performances in the backline, before suffering an ACL injury in his eighth game.
He returned in mid-2013, and played another eight games during the season, including both of Carlton's finals. McInnes was delisted at the end of the 2014 season after managing only a single senior game during the year.
- Carlton Football Club, Selection 67 - Andrew McInnes, 18 November 2010, Retrieved 25 March 2011.
- de Bolfo, Tony (5 July 2012). "McInnes to debut". Carlton Football Club. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- de Bolfo, Tony (8 November 2012). ""I'm on the mend," says Andy Mac". Carlton Football Club. Retrieved 8 November 2012.
- "Four more Blues delisted". 2 September 2014. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "Former Blue McInnes joins the Legs". Norwood Football Club. 27 October 2014. Retrieved 31 October 2014.
- "VFL 2016 ins and outs". Victorian Football League. 18 February 2016. Retrieved 28 February 2016.