Andrew McIntosh (professor)
|Alma mater||University of Wales
Cranfield Institute of Technology
|Known for||Intelligent design, biomimetics|
|Fields||chemical engineering, combustion, thermoacoustics|
|Institutions||University of Leeds|
|Doctoral advisor||J.F. Clarke|
Andrew McIntosh (also known as Andy McIntosh) professor of thermodynamics and combustion theory at the University of Leeds.He is also the director of the organisation Truth in Science which promotes creationism and intelligent design.
His research-group has received the outstanding contribution to innovation and technology award at the Times Higher Education awards in London in 2010 for developing a technology based on the defence mechanism of bombardier-beetle..
In November 2006, the University of Leeds issued a statement distancing itself from creationism, and noted that McIntosh's directorship of Truth in Science is unconnected with his teaching or research.
- Origins: Examining the Evidence (Truth in Science, 2011) ISBN 978-0956963109
- The Delusion of Evolution (New Life Publishing Co, 2010) ISBN 978-1904835028
- Genesis for Today: Showing the Relevance of the Creation/Evolution Debate to Today's Society (foreword by Ken Ham) (Day One Publications, 2000) ISBN 978-1-903087-15-2
- Shah, AA; Brindley, J; McIntosh, AC; Radernacher, J (2008). "The effects of heat exchange and fluid production on the ignition of a porous solid". Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications. 9: 562–584. doi:10.1016/j.nonrwa.2006.12.002.
- McIntosh, AC (2007). "Combustion, fire, and explosion in nature - some biomimetic possibilities". Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science. 221: 1157–1163. doi:10.1243/09544062jmes541.
- Beheshti, N; McIntosh, AC (2007). "A biomimetic study of the explosive discharge of the Bombardier Beetle". International Journal of Design and Nature. 1: 61–69. doi:10.2495/d&n-v1-n1-61-69.
- "Professor Andy McIntosh". University of Leeds. Retrieved 2012-08-12.
- "Press statement: Professor Andrew McIntosh". Archived from the original on 2007-05-05. Retrieved 2006-12-18., University of Leeds, 29 November 2006. "Professor Andrew McIntosh's directorship of Truth in Science, and his promotion of that organisation's views, are unconnected to his teaching or research at the University of Leeds in his role as a professor of thermodynamics. As an academic institution, the University wishes to distance itself publicly from theories of creationism and so-called intelligent design which cannot be verified by evidence."
- "Beetle defence inspires uni work". BBC News. 9 December 2010.
- Crawley, William (7 January 2007). "BBC - Will & Testament: The Thermodynamics of Andy McIntosh".