Andrew Miller (actor)
Andrew Miller in 2008
February 25, 1969 |
|Occupation||Actor, writer, director|
|Spouse(s)||Eden Riegel (2007-present)|
Miller began his career as an actor at age 16 in Toronto, Canada. Early theater roles include Moritz Stiefel in Frank Wedekind's Spring Awakening and Eugene Morris Jerome in Neil Simon's Brighton Beach Memoirs. Film roles include Simon in South of Wawa, written by bestselling Canadian novelist and screenwriter Lori Lansens, Kazan, the autistic man, in Vincenzo Natali's Cube, and Donald in Oh, What a Night, for which he was nominated for a 1992 Genie Award for Best Supporting Actor.
As a screenwriter, Miller co-wrote the films Simon Sez, starring Dennis Rodman and Dane Cook and Miramax Pictures' Boys and Girls, Starring Freddie Prinze, Jr., Claire Forlani, and Jason Biggs. He also co-wrote Vincenzo Natali's independently produced feature film, Nothing, in which he also starred opposite childhood friend, British-born Canadian actor, David Hewlett.
Most recently, he created the web series, Imaginary Bitches. He has directed and produced all episodes, and written episodes one through 5, and episodes 8, 10, 12, and 13. He co-wrote episodes 6 and 7. Imaginary Bitches was nominated for a 2008 Daytime Emmy in the New Approaches in Daytime Entertainment category, and Riegel took home the Peoples Choice Webby Award for her star turn in the series. He is also adapting the novel The Beach for television.
- Iris Expanding (2010) - Adam - The Morning Show Host
- Nothing (2003) - Andrew
- Thanks of a Grateful Nation (1998) - Jeff Bradford
- Circles (1998) - Garrett Winters
- Cube (1997) - Kazan
- Last of the Dogmen (1995) - Briggs
- Trapped in Paradise (1994) - Deputy Myers
- Trial by Jury (1994) - Krasny
- Boozecan (1994) - Eric
- J.F.K.: Reckless Youth (1993) - Rip Horton
- Family Pictures (1993) - Bob
- Plashch Kazanovy (1993) -
- Oh, What a Night (1992) - Donald
- A Savage Christmas: The Fall of Hong Kong (1992) - Ike Friesen
- South of Wawa (1991) - Simon
- Perfectly Normal (1991) - Pizza Guy
- Princes in Exile (1990) - Tyler
- Boy Meets Girl (2010)
- Imaginary Bitches (2008–2009) (TV series) (14 episodes)
- Cooking to Get Lucky (2008) (TV series) (5 episodes)
- The Secret Circle (2011)
- Imaginary Bitches (2008–2009) (TV series) (12 episodes)
- Nothing (2003)
- Boys and Girls (2000)
- Simon Sez (1999)
- The Secret Circle (2011)
- Imaginary Bitches (2008–2009) (TV series) executive producer / producer (14 episodes)
- Nothing (2003) (co-producer)
On March 10, 2007, Miller became engaged to actress Eden Riegel. The two were married on September 30, 2007, in Malibu, California. The couple were introduced by Riegel's All My Children co-star Cameron Mathison, a childhood friend of Miller's.
- Andrew Miller - Insomniac Mania Archived October 15, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Lori Lansens Archived June 21, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- 13th Genie Awards
- Andrew Miller (I)
- IB: Credits
- "Daytime Confidential"[permanent dead link] May 14, 2009
- Porter, Rick (August 7, 2012). "'Secret Circle' creator hits 'The Beach'; Wilmer Valderrama joins 'Raising Hope'". Zap2it. Retrieved August 7, 2012.
- Eden Riegel Engaged! - All My Children News - Soaps.com
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andrew Miller.|